This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

For my whole life, I’ve never been the prettiest girl in the room.  I couldn’t tell you a time when I wasn’t comparing myself to other girls in a room, trying to decide what they did right and what I did wrong.  I’ve never been the girl who guys trip over themselves for when they see me walk into a room.  Before you get the wrong idea, this isn’t going to be a pity party about me.  These things used to bother me, but recently I’ve realized that none of those things matter.  Who cares if other girls have better outfits or bodies than I have?  Why does it matter if I go out and boys aren’t all over me?  For too long, women have been told that their value is all in their looks.  It has taken me 21 years to realize that this is utterly untrue.  It sounds so cliché but I now know that it really is what’s on the inside that counts.  I know that who I am as a person is so much better than how “pretty” I can make myself look.  There are so many things I would rather be called than “pretty.” 

1. Classy
  2. Genuine
  3. Kindhearted
  4. Witty
  5. Respected
  6. Compassionate
  7. Well-rounded
  8. Creative
  9. Fun
  10. Adventurous
  11. Dependable
  12. Knowledgeable
  13. Unpredictable
  14. Open-minded
  15. Unforgettable
Erin Troy is a junior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a concentration in public relations. She is excited to start her first year writing for the Her Campus Scranton team! She hopes to one day do PR for the New York Rangers, and live in Manhattan. This Long Island native loves shopping and Taylor Swift. Follow her on Instagram @erintroyy!
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so