This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Helping your wallet recover after a weekend filled with late night pizza? There’s no better way to do that than using your pre-paid meal plan and eating on campus. Scranton has a variety of eatery options for all your moods and cravings. Here’s the down low for all on-campus dining options Scranton has to offer.

1. First Floor DeNaples (Opens weekdays at 7:30 a.m., weekends at noon)

First floor is filled with a variety of places to eat including pizza, super cheesy pasta and a refrigerated section for salads, fruit and more.   

Quiznos: While I find their meat to be a bit questionable, I’ve heard great reviews about the Chipotle Turkey on ciabatta bread. 

Chik-fil-A: This is the only Chik-fil-A within at least a 50-mile radius of Scranton. I’ve seen Scranton residents come to the first floor just for Chick-fil-A. Yeah. It’s that serious.

Grille Works: For starters, the BEC’s (bacon, egg, cheese) in the morning are a great way to start your day. It’s the closest you’ll get to a homemade breakfast on the first floor. Once breakfast is over, the burgers and grilled cheeses with fries are great. Try to beat the rush by going at 10 to 15 minutes before or after peak time!

Zoca: Zoca isn’t the worst Mexican food you’ll ever eat, nor is it the best. The taco salads are my go-to because they’re filling enough to get me to my next meal – although I am still a bit salty about getting charged extra for guacamole. (TIP: buy the Nacho flavored Doritos to add an extra crunch to your meal)

2. Third Floor DeNaples (Opens weekdays at 7:30 a.m., weekends at 10:30)

When third floor DeNaples is good, it’s really good; I mean Scranton’s dining facilities aren’t ranked number 18 in the nation for nothing! Buffet style food is always something to get excited about, especially because there are always healthier options, so you won’t feel too guilty about indulging in ice cream after dinner! Third floor has a variety of food; all your friends can find something they like. If you’re a picky eater, PB&J’s are a safe bet.  Upscale Wednesday’s are perfect if you’re craving a fancier meal – just make sure you have enough flex! Brunch is by far the best time of the week. The chicken nuggets and fries are sure to cure all your weekend sicknesses. (TIP: if you see garlic bread by the pasta station… grab a piece)

3 The P.O.D (Open weekdays at 11 a.m., weekends at 2 p.m.)

Let’s head across the street to the P.O.D. The P.O.D. has a variety of foods, all of which are good for grab-n-go meals so you don’t miss a beat on your studies. Not only does the P.O.D. have salads, sandwiches and grilled chicken, it has so many other things to offer: Jamba Juice and f’real milkshake machines. (TIP: Any bag of chips under $1.49 is included in a meal swipe)

4. Bleecker Street (Opens weekdays at 8 a.m.)

If you have most of your classes in LSC, Bleecker Street is a place you definitely need to go. Bleecker Street has great sandwiches and pastries (try the blueberry muffin), and the soups of the day are right from DeNaples.  The only downside to Bleecker Street is that you can’t use a meal swipe for your food, which means only flex or royal.

5. Einstein Bros. Bagels (Open weekdays at 8 a.m.)

Finally, the newest eatery on campus: Einstein Bros. Bagels. I haven’t heard a negative thing about this place (except for the line during peak times). The pizza bagels are so good; I mean, combining pizza and bagels, what could go wrong? Einstein’s accepts meal swipes which is a huge plus. The only downside is the walk to Leahy.

Try eating at all these on-campus venues before venturing off into the city of Scranton. And when you get tired of on-campus food, check out my guide to eating off-campus ;) 

http://www.hercampus.com/school/scranton/wannabe-foodie-s-guide-eating-campus  

Meghan is a junior at The University of Scranton. She is majoring in Strategic Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Management. Meghan is obsessed with her two yellow Labrador Retrievers and is frequently told she is just another common white girl. Having extreme FOMO, Meghan has not studied abroad but would love to travel the world one day. Meghan is excited to join the Her Campus Scranton team and looks forward to the opportunities ahead.
Elizabeth Transue is a Communication Broadcasting major with a minor in Political Science at The University of Scranton. Her life changed when she studied abroad in London and fell in love with traveling. She is obsessed with her adorable pug, Chikfila, and her eleven best friends who just so happen to be her housemates. She can't hold a tune or keep a rhythm but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it! Am I right?