More Than Just Tall, Tim

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Meet Tim Rensch, a loud, outgoing and friendly guy from Vermont! Though most people know him as “tall Tim,” there’s a lot more to this guy than his height. He’s always up for an adventure and when it’s warm enough in Scranton, he can most often be found jumping the gorge at Nay Aug. Meet Tim!

Name: Tim Rensch
Major: Nursing
Year: Senior
Hometown: Williston, VT

HC: Tell us about yourself! What do you like to do for fun?
TR: Inline figure skating, hanging out with my friends and family and any kind of sports. Volleyball, basketball, frisbee…you name it, I’ll play it.

HC: How many times a day do you answer the question, “how tall are you?”
TR: Too many to count…

HC: What’s your favorite Disney movie and why?
TR: Beauty and the Beast because I eat 5 dozen eggs every morning.

HC: What are some things you’re looking forward to this year?
TR: Graduating, ISP Nicaragua, and the same things I’ve enjoyed the last four years- spending some time with my friends and living it up for one more year of school.

HC: Describe yourself in three words.
TR: Quiet, short, and I don’t need a third.

HC: Why did you pick your major?
TR: I find fulfillment in helping other people. It’s cool to be in a profession where I have the opportunity to make people’s lives better everyday.

HC: What’s the craziest or coolest thing you’ve ever done?
TR: Sunrise Hike! I woke up at 2:00 am and sprinted up Mt. Mansfield to see the sunset from the top with my brother. But then I had to run down the mountain and get to work.

HC: Who is your biggest motivator?
TR: My dad. He does so much for our family without asking for anything in return. He’s a quiet presence and has a work ethic that has inspired me to put my all into everything I do.

HC: What’s something most people don’t know about you?
TR: I was homeschooled so my best friend was my mom until high school.

Lauren is a junior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Educational Studies.  This Long Island girl is guaranteed to give you a hug even if you saw her just a few short minutes ago. She loves anything to do with nature whether it is skiing, hiking or instagramming and is so excited to be a part of HC Scranton! 
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_