This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Name: Jamie Kemp

Year: 2017

Major: Strategic Communication with an Italian minor

Hometown: Oceanside, NY

This week’s campus celebrity is Her Campus Scranton’s very own, Jamie Kemp!

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

JK: I am the director of Fundraising and Events for Public Relation Student Society of America.  I also write for Her Campus!

HC: What do you want to be when you grow up?

JK: I want to work in the public relations field, hopefully in the entertainment world. 

HC: You had an internship this summer, how did it go?

JK: It was great! I interned at a pharmaceutical advertising agency doing account management.   I learned a lot about advertising while getting experience with working in an office environment. My office was in Soho, so that was also a plus.

HC: Did you like commuting to the city everyday?

JK:  Yeah, I loved people watching everyone on the subway everyday. 

HC:  You said before you want to go into PR, but after your experience working at an ad agency – would you consider starting a career in that. 

JK: I’m still unsure.  I definitely want to work in an agency but I’m deciding which field I want to go into.  If I had to choose right now, I would say PR because it’s more interesting. 

HC: How do you like living off campus with six roommates?

JK: It’s really fun! There are so many different personalities that we’re lucky we are actually getting along. 

HC: What is one of your favorite memories from the house?

JK: Every weekend my friends and I dance on our kitchen table, as we’re getting ready to go out, so it’s always a lot of fun. 

Erin Troy is a junior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a concentration in public relations. She is excited to start her first year writing for the Her Campus Scranton team! She hopes to one day do PR for the New York Rangers, and live in Manhattan. This Long Island native loves shopping and Taylor Swift. Follow her on Instagram @erintroyy!
Elizabeth Transue is a Communication Broadcasting major with a minor in Political Science at The University of Scranton. Her life changed when she studied abroad in London and fell in love with traveling. She is obsessed with her adorable pug, Chikfila, and her eleven best friends who just so happen to be her housemates. She can't hold a tune or keep a rhythm but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it! Am I right?