Meet David Commender ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Ever see the kid in the Hawaiian shirt and bucket hat wandering around the hills section? He’s always full of energy and loves to hang out with his Lacrosse buddies. Read more to hear about this week’s campus cutie!

Name: David CommenderYear:  2017Major: Entrepreneurship Studies/ International BusinessMinor: FinanceHometown: Larchmont, New YorkRelationship status:  Single and ready to mingle

HC: What activities and clubs are you involved in on campus?DC:  I’m a member of the men’s tennis team, PRISM, a SAAC representative, and an avid squirrel watcher.

HC: What is your dream job?DC: To babysit Kanye West’s daughter, North West.

HC: What has been your favorite moment on the men’s tennis team so far?DC:  Winning my singles match against one of our rivals, Drew… which I later received “Athlete of the Week” for.

HC: What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?DC:  I really like skiing and hitting the slopes.

HC: Favorite food?DC:  Chipotle! Steak burrito bowls are my favorite.

HC: Describe yourself in three words…DC:  Funny, Responsible, and Ethical

HC: What is your best pick up line?DC:  Are you religious? Because you’re the answer to all my prayers ;)

HC: Describe your first kiss!DC: My first kiss was in 9th grade. I was so nervous that I would miss her lips and kiss her nose instead.

HC: What is the most awkward thing to happen to you on campus?DC: During my freshmen year one Saturday night, I tripped over myself walking back from the Weinberg Memorial Library and face planted. I messed up my whole face.

HC: If you could date any celebrity, who would it be?DC: Jennifer Aniston. She’s a beauty that doesn’t age.

HC: What is one thing you just do not understand about the opposite sex?DC: Why are girls so indecisive?

HC: What are you most attracted to in a girl?DC:  Personality, because “it’s not so much of what’s on the outside, but what is on the inside that counts”.

HC: Who is your favorite past time campus cutie?DC: Timmy O, he’s a great role model.

Courtney Barron is from Rockland County, New York. She is a junior at The University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communications with a concentration in Public Relations. This girl is not only a super star in the classroom, but she is also one of the stellar athletes on the tennis team as well. She studied abroad in Ireland and currently works at "the Byron" center on campus. Courtney has an outstanding personality and the best pep talks on campus. She will bring extra enthusiam to the articles she writes for Her Campus!  
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_