This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Name: Brittany Lemardy

Major: Strategic Communication

Hometown: West Pittston, PA

HC: What made you switch your major to strategic communication your sophomore year?

BL: I’ve always had this plan for myself: Go to The University of Scranton, get my Bachelor’s in biology, go to dental school and become an orthodontist. While I loved learning about all things biology, I couldn’t see myself in school for that many years and I was nervous that the stress would get to me. I’ve always had an interest in how we communicate. Communication is a powerful instrument that really makes the world go round and I was super interested in learning everything about it.

HC: How does it feel to be graduating a semester early? 

BL: It’s liberating! But also very scary. It’s hard to believe my college career is ending and my big girl career is just beginning. It really makes you think about where you are, what you’ve done up until now and where you’re going to be in the future.

HC: What do you want to be when you grow up? 

BL: I have a slight obsession with fashion and I really enjoy event planning. If I could mesh those into one career that would be ideal for me. I’m thinking fashion PR.

HC: What is a fun fact that people may not know about you? 

BL: I used to bench press more than some of the boys in the weight room in high school.

HC: What is your favorite memory from your time at Scranton?

BL: Oh jeez. I guess if I had to pick one it would be sophomore year living in Condron with my quad. That was the best year for so many reasons. We were learning the ropes and it was a time when we could really live it up before school and life got so hectic.

HC: If you could pick one food to eat the rest of your life, what would it be?  

BL: Can it be different versions of a food? If so I have to go with bread, like rye, wheat, white, rolls, baguettes, you name it. I don’t discriminate.

HC: What is it like living with your best friends? 

BL: Unreal. I’m numb to the fact that I won’t be living with them in a couple months.

HC: Describe you and your friends in three words? 

BL: I’d have to say goofy for sure, spontaneous and hungry….

HC: What will you miss the most about Scranton? 

BL: I think I’ll just miss feeling at home. It’s so comforting seeing familiar faces everyday or walking up the commons when it’s all lit up. You get into a routine after four years and everything feels so natural. Walking away from a place I’ve spent so much time at is really going to shake me up. It’s probably going to hit me all at once. And of course I’ll miss the muffins from bleecker street…

Erin Troy is a junior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a concentration in public relations. She is excited to start her first year writing for the Her Campus Scranton team! She hopes to one day do PR for the New York Rangers, and live in Manhattan. This Long Island native loves shopping and Taylor Swift. Follow her on Instagram @erintroyy!
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so