This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

If the end of October has crept up on you like the rest of us, your Halloween costume scare has set in. Halloweekend is right around the corner and you know what that means. Yup, not one, but two or more costumes are needed for the weekend’s festivities. But worry not; I have created a list of Halloween costumes that can be quickly and easily thrown together. (Disclaimer: Some are DIY with things in your closet; others require quick trips to the store)

If you are going solo this year, the easiest and most common costume every year is the one where you can just throw on a pair of ears, (cat, devil, or other creatures with ears) and a black dress and call it a night. Other less basic costumes include:

Vampire Mummy Ballerina Chipotle burrito

Perfect costumes for a pair of two include the cute duo of Winnie the Pooh and Piglet, which only requires a red shirt with a yellow skirt and a pink dress, easy enough! Other dynamic duo costumes for you and your bestie include:

Angel and devil 

Cat Dog

Meredith Grey and Cristina Yang

An incredibly cute costume for three is the main characters from Monsters Inc., Sully, Mike Wazowski, and Boo. For both Sully and Mike, all that’s needed is an oversized t-shirt in blue and green, while for Boo, pink leggings and a purple t-shirt are a must. If Monsters Inc. wasn’t one of your favorite movies as a kid; here are a few other ideas:

The 3 Musketeers

3 Blind Mice

The Powerpuff Girls

You’ll certainly be a favorite if you choose this next costume for four people, that is, if you still own or can fit into your velour Juicy Couture Tracksuit. If you guessed The Cheetah Girls, yes, you were correct. The Cheetah Girls is a great costume and easy enough if you can find a few velour tracksuits in pink, orange, purple and blue. If this task seems too daunting, check out these other ideas:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

The Mean Girls squad

Snapchat Filters  

For crews of 5 or more people, your options are pretty limitless. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves is cute, easy and made for big groups of people who waited until the last minute to throw together a costume. All you need are a pair of jean shorts, a t-shirt and a beanie to complete this outfit. In addition, more great group ideas include:

Shark Week (my favorite)

Emoji Faces

Mario Cart Crew

Average Joe’s Dodgeball Team

Hopefully, now you all have a few ideas brewing for the upcoming festivities that is Halloweekend. 

Check out our HC Scranton Pinterest Page for more ideas or to see the mentioned ideas come to life. Have a safe and fun Halloween! 

Meghan is a junior at The University of Scranton. She is majoring in Strategic Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Management. Meghan is obsessed with her two yellow Labrador Retrievers and is frequently told she is just another common white girl. Having extreme FOMO, Meghan has not studied abroad but would love to travel the world one day. Meghan is excited to join the Her Campus Scranton team and looks forward to the opportunities ahead.
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so