Kelsey Cirillo, Presidency Powers Future

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Name: Kelsey CirilloYear: 2015Major: CommunicationMinor: Political Science Hometown: Ridgewood, NJ

HC: What clubs and activities are you involved in on campus?KC: I am a member of the communication advisory board, I am president of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) and have taken the course Scranton Emerging Leaders.  I also work at the desk in the department of communication. 

HC: How has being the President of PRSSA affected you?KC: Being President of PRSSA has allowed me to meet a lot people and develop so many skills.  I do not think I would have a job offer if I was not the president of PRSSA.

HC: Congratulations on your job offer! What is one piece of advice you would give to others when job hunting?KC: A piece of advice I would give is never stop networking it is so important to talk to people. You never know how they can help you or who they know. Also always have a strong handshake! 

HC: How has your experience at Scranton prepared you for life after graduation?KC: Living on my own has definitely prepared me for life after graduation. I have learned the affects of hot sauce since I am no longer allowed to put it on EVERYTHING anymore.

HC: What is the one thing you are going to miss most about Scranton?KC: I will definitely miss living with my nine best friends. I won’t miss late night eating at Ck’s.

HC: Who has had the biggest influence on you throughout your college experience?KC: My parents have definitely supported me more than I could ever imagine. I do have a mentor, he has really guided me through getting internships and now in to my first job.  I owe him a huge thank you for always willing to take a phone call and listen to me talk at a mile a minute. 

HC: If you could receive a round-trip plane ticket to any one place right now where would it be and why?KC: Well I might book a flight in the coming days somewhere…. but I really want to go back to Italy so if cost doesn’t matter I would take a trip to Florence and eat all of the bruschetta and pasta I can.  I went abroad to Florence last January but it was simply not enough time.  

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?KC: 10 years is a long way away and I am in no rush.  But when I am 31 I hope to be working for a top executive search firm in New York City.  I would like to be married and have children.  My biggest goal would be to have an amazing walk-in closet filled with lots of shoes and great clothes.

Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_