This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Halloweekend is over, fall break seems like months ago and you haven’t slept since last week. Your schedule is filled with cramming for tests and writing papers that should have been done last week and if someone dares to tell you that you look TIRED because you aren’t wearing makeup then somebody’s gunna get IT!

This, my friends, is the unknown time between Halloween and Thanksgiving. It is when stress is at an all-time high of trying to fix our midterm grades and doing our best of not getting the flu. This is the make it or break it of the semester. Although most of my stress moments are fixed by a face mask…

I do need some actual real stress relievers for my mid semester breaks downs that don’t include slapping a face mask on and downing a glass of wine.

Here’s some of the things I do to DESTRESS!

PLAN PLAN PLAN

If you don’t have a planner already, go out and buy whatever one you like! Everyone loves the cute Lily Pulitzer planners (you do you) but I either find mine on Amazon or Walmart to save serious mola.

Planning out your week and month help so much. It clarifies what you have to do tonight (BECAUSE IT’S DUE TOMORROW!!!) and what can wait until Sunday night at the last possible minute (please save yourself that stress and do your work earlier than me). Writing what needs to be done for school, what time practice or the gym is and even what nights you’re going out is so helpful. Planners make sure you’re never forgetting any assignment or appointment!

TAKE A BREAK

No, not a five minute checking your phone break. I mean a total of at least 20 minutes where you’re not surrounded by any work at all. Watch an episode of a show, take short nap, paint your nails or call up a friend to chat. Your brain needs to fully ~relax~ to recharge.

THINK ABOUT LONGTERM

Where are you going to next year? What about the next five years? Is this test or paper going to make or break you? NO! Yes school and commitments are important but it’s more important to remember that in the long run the little things don’t matter. No, I don’t mean don’t study for your huge exam. But you should think about the stresses you have every day from such little things that won’t impact your life. Take a breath and think about what you actually want in life and how to accomplish it. I doubt the one quiz you failed will forever stay with you!

Please relax and don’t end up too stressed like this angry panda!

Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so