diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

Here’s How My First Spray Tan Went

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Dear Ladies,

Do you feel like this winter you are kind of blending in with the snow? Do you wish you were as tan as you were this past summer? I believe that us women should do whatever we want when it comes to making us feel beautiful and confident. This winter I decided to partake in my first spray tan… and here’s how it went.

Research

First I researched everything I had to complete before my spray tan in order to get the best results when finished. I then made an appointment at my local Beach Bum Tanning & Airbrush Salon.

Preparation

Once I was checked in I was taken to the back by the Spray Tan Technician. This is when you consult on the color you would like and just like that you’re taking all of your clothes off. You’re given a hair net to keep your locks clean and you are told to put cream on the palms of your hands, manicure and pedicure so those areas don’t get stained by the spray.

Spray Time

Now the Spray Tan Technician was communicating with me how to move my body in order for her to evenly spray me. After I got the hang of the repetitive movements it was kind of like a song and dance. Arm bent, arm forward, arm up, hands, leg forward, leg to the side, feet, face, turn around, turn around. The Moment of Truth

After you have been fully sprayed, you are then dried off with a tool that basically looks like a hair dryer but is much more powerful. After this you are left in the room alone to get dressed. But of course, before I got dressed I checked myself out in the mirror. And all I had to say was…

The After Math

I proceeded to pay for my service, get the down low on what to do and what not to do, bought a sunless body wash to use and went on my way. Your first shower after a spray tan is at least 6-8 hours after and it really isn’t a shower at all. It is really a quick rinse off with lukewarm water in order to wash off excess color. The next day after your rinse you can then shower normally using your sunless body wash. The spray tan then lasts anywhere from 5 to 7 days.

The Overall Experience

I would rate my experience and spray tan a 10 out of 10, A+, 5 stars, or whatever else can be marked down as amazing! The Spray Tan Technician was professional, knowledgeable and made me feel super comfortable. My spray tan looks great and natural so I am definitely happy with my choice to do this.

If any of you ladies are looking to get tan fast without harsh UV lights I recommend a nice spray tan! In a society that lately tries to shame women I believe we should all rise and do what makes us happy. Just make sure you’re getting your beauty on for you and only you!

Sincerely,

Your newly tan friend 

Gabriella Basile was CC and President of Her Campus Scranton during the 2018-2019 academic school year.
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so