Celebrating National Nurse Week With Sarah Glessner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Sarah Glessner, the bubbly soon to be Scranton grad and nurse, is here to brighten your day! With her love of all things pink and the hope of  one day helping kids, she’ll put a smile on your face

Name: Sarah GlessnerYear: 2015Major: NursingMinor: PsychologyHometown: West Chester, PA

HC:So the 6th of this month kicks off National Nurses Week! Are you excited to become a nurse?SG: Yes. I am very excited. I just accepted my first job, and I’m excited to serve the people of my community!

HC:Why did you decide to become a nurse?SG: Both of my aunts are nurses and I have always looked up to them raising families and working, so still being able to have that freedom while working, is something that I wanted for myself. I also really care for children, I want to break into pediatrics at one point. 

HC: What made you decide on Scranton?SG: Scranton was actually my third choice, but visiting as a Royal Nighter, I stayed with 4  nursing majors and I absolutely loved it. That’s when I knew Scranton was for me.

HC: What is your favorite memory at Scranton?SG: Drinking a margarita on a sunny day in the hills section.

What made you decide to Study Abroad?SG: I have always had an interest in going to Europe after I went to Spain for a week in highschool, which I knew wasn’t enough, so I had to travel and see the world. I studied in Ireland, and have always had an interest in my heritage and the two other girls I went with also had family there so we got to meet them..

HC: Where’s your favorite spot on campus SG:SG: The Red Room in Saint Thomas, the whole International Office really.

HC: What’s your favorite class you’ve taken so far?SG: Evolutionary Psychology

HC: Favorite song, favorite color?SG: Thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran, Forever and Always by Parachute, Then by Brad Paisley, and pink!

HC:If you could describe your experience at Scranton thus far in one word, what would it be?SG: Exceptional

Dominique is your everyday Northeastern Pennsylvanian, and will probably have a different hair style every time you see her. She loves being outdoors, and finding an adventure in everything. She currently studies as a Senior History, Political Science, and International Studies triple major with a concentration in Italian at the University of Scranton. Dominique also studied abroad in Rome, Italy, not only falling in love with everything Italian, all the pizza, but with travel itself. Weird facts: Her favorite word is melanzane (eggplant), she writes most of her notes backwards (right to left too) and has a 130lb white German Shepherd named Kitty (he’s a boy). Follow her on Twitter @domnommnomm!
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_