Back-to-School Survival Kits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

The mid-semester scaries are approaching fast, so it was perfect timing for the Her Campus Scranton members to receive some awesome, de-stressing goodies in their survival kit.

One of the first items out of this survival kit that I dove right into were the Freeman face masks. I don’t know about other people, when the semester starts to become hectic, the breakouts are unavoidable. There was an array of different types of masks included in this survival kit, like: a rejuvenating cucumber + pink salt clay mask, a polishing charcoal + black sugar gel mask & scrub, and a deep cleaning manuka honey + tea tree oil clay mask & cleanser. So, despite how rough this semester may be, these face masks are the perfect first step in helping you de-stress.  

When binge eating takes over your life at this point in the semester and you’re looking for something sweet to snack on, indulge in some hi-chews. These fruity-flavored candies taste so good, making it the perfect treat for that sweet tooth. Some of the delicious flavors that hi-chews provided to HC Scranton include: grape, mango, strawberry, and green apple. So, if you’re looking for the perfect candy to hand out this Halloween or you’re looking for a sweet treat to fill your apartment candy bowl, hi-chews are the way to go!

Going home for the weekend or planning to visit to a friend at a different college requires lots of packing. As far as packing goes for myself, I never know where to put my toothbrush. If I don’t want to pack it in with everything else I own and get the bristles dirty, then what do I do? Steripod toothbrush protectors are the perfect item to help pack that toothbrush away without worrying about those unwanted germs getting on your toothbrush.

With hunger comes thirst & you’re going to need a beverage to keep you hydrated while you’re up late studying for exams and writing papers. Luckily, the survival kit provided Her Campus Scranton with the best thirst-quenching drink, Spindrift! This sparkling water is made with real squeezed fruit, and are so healthy for you! I know personally, drinking water with every meal to stay hydrated can get very boring, very fast. With Spindrift, I can consume a beverage that tastes amazing and I don’t have to worry about those extra calories adding up. Spindrift is definitely my new go-to drink!

With homework assignments and tests/ quizzes getting so hectic towards the end of the semester, it can become super difficult to keep track of when all of these assignments are due. If you’re feeling stressed about not being able to remember when these due dates are coming up, I have just the solution for you! Get your hands on an Erin Condren planner. With this organized planner, staying on top of school work/ important dates has never been so easy!

The worst thing about saying goodbye to summer and welcoming fall is watching your summer tan slowly fade away. Do you ever wish you could keep that tan glowing in the fall months? Well, your wish has now come true! With the L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze wipes, you can rock that natural looking tan all semester long to make sure that summer tan doesn’t fade away.

Want your hair to look it’s absolute best for that date night or that night out with you friends? With Bed Heard by TIGI products, your hair will be looking out of this world! Their dry shampoo and hairspray work such wonders for my hair, making me feel confident that my hair will look its best all day long.

Noticing the latest trends and not knowing where to find these items is one of the worst feelings ever. Do you want to know where to find fashionable headbands, sunglasses, chokers, etc? Aeropostale! These cute products sold at Aeropostale will have you be looking so trendy and chic all around campus!

Be sure to lookout for more HC Survival kits and the amazing products that are in them!

Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so