jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

9 Things You Need to Know About Dating a Girl with a Brother

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

1. Sorry, but you will never be the top man in my life. First is Jesus, then my father, then my brother. You’ll always be fourth.

2. No matter where we are or what we are doing, if he needs me I’m going. Whether we are out to dinner, vacationing in the Bahamas or just relaxing watching a movie, if my brother needs me, peace out and see you later.

3. Honestly, he’ll probably never approve you. You’ll probably always be on his sh*t list. Brothers are super protective of their sisters.

4. And if by some stroke of luck he does like you, he will never stop liking you. No other guy will ever compare in his eyes. You’ll never stop coming over for family dinners or stop texting each other. Even if we stop dating, you guys can keep talking.

5. You’ll have no choice but to become his BFF. He is my best friend so therefore he will be your best friend.

6. Older or younger brother, if you break my heart, he will break your face. Watch out.

7. Don’t be offended if he is the first one I call if something is wrong. There’s just some kind of special connection coming from the same womb.

8. It’s not weird if he third wheels. Don’t be surprised if I invite him out with us. If you want to be a part of the family, get used to him being around.

9. Be yourself. Don’t try too hard; let him see who you really are and why I love you as my boyfriend! I am sure that he will love you as much as I do.

Dating a girl who is close with her brother may be difficult but it is more than worth it. You know she knows how to love hard and she will always be supportive of you no matter what. 

Jenna Bruchalski is a junior at The University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communications with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Business. She is a Jersey girl who loves life, iced coffee and America. Jenna loves to travel, being at the beach and spending time with her family and friends. You can find her on campus wearing her monogrammed necklace, either reading celebrity news or on any form of social media. Jenna is very excited to be a part of the Her Campus team! Follow her on Instagram @jennabruch
Latrice is a junior communication major at The University of Scranton.  Besides being a burrito connoisseur, she prides herself on her often confusing yet entertaing instagram posts (@leebea_) and how much time she spends perfecting her pinterest boards. After graduating she hopes to work in public relations. She is so happy to be apart of the HC Scranton team. 
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_