jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

1. Be grateful.
Things are never as bad as they seem. Counting your blessings is one way to remind yourself that things could be much worse. Try writing three things you were grateful for every night on a note in your phone.

2. Live in the moment.
Hilary Duff said it best,  “(So) Why not
Take a crazy chance
Why not
Do a crazy dance
If you lose a moment
You might lose a lot
So… why not
Why not”

You’ll never get this moment back.

3. Smile
Even if you’re not really feeling it, just smiling can literally help to change your mood. Fake it till you make it.

4. Forgive people.
It may be the hardest thing in the world to forgive people, but you will feel so much better when you do. If one of your best friends betrayed you, your boyfriend broke your heart or even forgiving yourself, try your best to move on. You don’t deserve to waste your energy negatively. Forgive and let it go.

5. Retail therapy
Treat yo self! Even if its just for a cup of coffee. Treating yourself every once and a while makes life just a little bit sweeter.

6. Watch your favorite movie
What’s better then a snuggle fest movie night with bae (aka your puppy)? Grab some blankets and put on your favorite movie.  It will be sure to get your spirits up and distress from a rough day.

7. Listen to some throwback jams
It is crazy how much the tone of music can change mood. Throw on some Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls or Britney Spears and maybe even some Aaron Carter and jam out.

8. Eat
Nothing is better than some good food. Whether it’s Dominoes, McDonald’s or your favorite home cooked meal, we can guarantee you you’ll feel so happy.

9. Hang out with your friends
Whether you need a laugh, a shoulder to cry on or someone to go out with on a Friday night, your best friends are always the people to put a smile on your face. We all get by with a little help from our friends.

Our best advice: Don’t worry, be happy!

Jenna Bruchalski is a junior at The University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communications with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Business. She is a Jersey girl who loves life, iced coffee and America. Jenna loves to travel, being at the beach and spending time with her family and friends. You can find her on campus wearing her monogrammed necklace, either reading celebrity news or on any form of social media. Jenna is very excited to be a part of the Her Campus team! Follow her on Instagram @jennabruch
Latrice is a junior communication major at The University of Scranton.  Besides being a burrito connoisseur, she prides herself on her often confusing yet entertaing instagram posts (@leebea_) and how much time she spends perfecting her pinterest boards. After graduating she hopes to work in public relations. She is so happy to be apart of the HC Scranton team. 
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_