clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

9 Signs Your First Semester as a Senior is Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.
  1. SenioritisIt’s finals week and senioritis is in full force. Projects, papers and studying seem like it is climbing Mt. Everest. In reality it’s the battle of getting off the couch and turning Kourtney and Khole Take the Hamptons off.
  2. The Job SearchYou know at least six people who all have jobs lined up already for after graduation.  All you can think is “OMG I am never getting hired, I am the ONLY person without a job,” bring on the mental breakdown.
  3. Senior PicturesThe day of: wow I am so old, ew do I have to wear this fake cardboard cap?  Ugh is my hair ok? Oh whatever I’ll take them after I’m tan from spring break anyway. When the proofs come in the mail: OMG did I eat my freshmen year self?! Why do I look like a linebacker these are awful, omg people cannot remember me this way!
  4. “Seniors Only” Events  Aw! The Christmas party will be so much fun. Wait wow. How am I a senior already?! This can’t be happening. I can’t be this old.
  5. Group Projects That intro class you thought was a great idea in August is slowly killing you. The group project, which is worth half your grade, consists of you and four first-years. They are clearly undecided and could care less about this project. This makes it extremely difficult for you because you want the A, HELLO it’s an intro class but ugh another Kourntey and Khole Take the Hamptons is on.
  6. Christmas Chatter Your extended family is so excited to see you and they just can’t believe you’re a senior. Bring on the “so what are your plans after graduation?” “What are you going to do come June?” All you can think is NO! Just NO! I refuse to be a real person; I still have four months of being a college “kid.”
  7. Don’t Say the G WordAs excited as you are to sit at home watching Elf while eating leftovers it only means one thing. You officially only have one semester left of college. Everyone better not think of bringing up the G word because hello it is NOT happening. “I’m never leaving and becoming a grown up.”
  8. Professors are PalsYou’ve been here for three and a half years now, have a question? Facebook or text your professors because you know you either A) have their phone number or B) are friends with them on Facebook. Why wait until tomorrow when you can have the answer now?
  9. Wishful RewindYou start to realize you only have so many weekends left spent at Oscars and Cockeyed’s. Only so many shoes left to be ruined by Scranton Blackfoot. You see the first-years and think wow they literally look like babies. As much as you love being the “cool” seniors at the same time you’d give anything to trade places with them.
Elise is a Jersey girl who loves to travel the world, she enjoys keeping up with the latest fashion trends and believes an Instagram a day keeps the doctor away. She is a senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Writing. Elise is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend Samantha (every brunette needs a blonde right?) This past summer she interned in Public Relations at The Thomas Collective, a boutique lifestyle agency in New York City. When her toes are not in the sand, she’s hailing a cab or packing her bags ready to jet set anywhere and everywhere. Fun Fact: Elise is a member of Scranton’s Equestrian team. Follow her on Instagram @liseyleelee and on Twitter @eliseteresa!