9 Foodstagrams You Must Follow ASAP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

*Warning: Don’t read if hungry*  

Let’s be real – we’ve all done it once or twice (or maybe a million times); we’ve gone out to eat with our friends, and the first thing we do is snap a picture of our food.  There’s no reason to be ashamed! When your brunch looks beautiful, you want to show it off to the world.  If you’re a foodie like me, you appreciate seeing drool-worthy meals on your timeline. The Instagram accounts on this list are sure to make your stomach rumble and spark some inspiration for your next picture.  Follow away, foodies!

New_ Fork_ City was created by three college students and now has over 775,000 followers.  Being a native New Yorker, I often look to this account to find Insta-worthy restaurants and foods in NYC and surrounding areas. You can submit photos to #NewForkCity or email them at newforkcity212@gmail.com.

Food in the Air, which has over 365,000 followers, allows us to justify the countless times we have held up our food and snapped a picture.  What’s better than delicious food and a great backdrop?

Foodbytori is an up-and-coming account that is breaking into the foodstagram scene and is my favorite account on the list because it’s run by my lovely roommate, Tori! Although I may be a tad biased, Tori’s original photos of her frame-worthy smoothie bowls and salads are truly a work of art. Her recipes are plant-based and raw, which is perfect for any vegan foodies out there. Do yourself a favor and follow our fellow Scrantonian, Tori!

The Naughty Fork was co-founded by 21- year- old Samantha Schnur and is based out of Miami. With an array of unique foods and desserts, this account is sure to make your mouth water. The account posts original photos from topnotch restaurants in Miami, and also features other people’s photos from different cities. If you’re one of their 562,000 followers and want more from this account, head to www.thenaughtyfork.com to find recipes, videos and even lists of great restaurants in different cities in the U.S.

Hungry Betches posts all original photos, which often entail close-up shots of a bunch of different foods, especially elaborate breakfast sandwiches.

Spoon University is targets college-aged kids. In addition to an awesome Instagram account – which drew in over 317,000 followers – they have a great website that offers eating tips and recipes as well.  According to their website, they have over 5,000 contributors at over 150 college campuses.  This account usually re-grams most of their content, but you can definitely find some interesting foods here. Nyceeeeeats features an assortment of foods and desserts from New York City and surrounding areas.  This account re-grams most of its content because of how popular it’s become thanks to its 251,000 followers. To submit a photo, include #eeeeeats in the caption or direct message the account. SpoonForkBacon is an Instagram account inspired by a food blog created by Teri Lyn Fisher and Jenny Park. They post original photos that are based on the recipes that you can find on their blog.  This account will add some class to your timeline and may even inspire you to host your own cocktail (or box wine) party!

Raw_Manda is another great vegan account.  Amanda shares her own original content and proves to her 415,000 followers that you can stick to a plant-based, raw diet and still eat delicious foods. Follow this account and it may inspire you to eat some fruits and veggies, and it will definitely add some color to your timeline! Visit rawmanda.com to check out Amanda’s vegan recipes.

Jess is a born and raised New Yorker who can never resist a cup of coffee or a sale. She is a senior at The University of Scranton pursing a degree in strategic communication with a focus in public relations, as well as a minor in management. Jess loves to spend her days galavanting across Manhattan, and is overly obsessed chicken cutlets, golden retrievers and Mark Wahlberg. She is so excited to be a member of the Her Campus Scranton family!
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so