7 Signs You’re the Mom of Your Squad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Are you the friend who makes sure everyone has a balanced lunch? Do you text your friends to remind them about an upcoming test? If you answered yes to both of these, you might just be the mom of your squad. Here are 7 other signs!

1You’re always the first one to answer a question sent in the group chat.“What are we doing this weekend?” is a question that you can answer in your sleep by now. If you find yourself saying “Kayla has a game on Saturday night” or “Nicole has to go for dinner for her mom’s birthday on Friday,” your friends probably threaten to change your contact name in their phones to “mom.”

2. You’re the first one to help a friend in need.Your squad should be down- right thankful to have a girl like you in their lives. You’re the one who will drop everything to be with with a friend when he or she needs you. The real question is: when a friend calls you crying, do you comfort her or ask what boy you need to go beat up?

3. Your purse is more like a diaper bag than an accessory.Preparing for a night out has become a ritual. You wouldn’t be caught dead without a Tide to Go and a bottle of Advil in your purse at all times.

4. You know more gossip than you would ever tell.Your friends find it very easy to confide in you, which makes secret keeping essential. Sometimes you just need that one friend to tell everything to who won’t tell a soul.

5. The squad looks to you when making plans.“What are we doing this weekend?” is ALSO the question you’ve been answering since you were 15. This does not always work out when your idea of a good time (Netflix, popcorn, couch) isn’t exactly your squad’s idea of a good time (club, music, dance).

6. You always make sure that everyone is safe.If you don’t get a text the minute your friends are home safe, you automatically panic. Even though you’re positive they’re home because you tracked their whole journey on your phone.

7. You know you’re the mom and you wouldn’t change it for the world.Taking care of your kids friends is your natural instinct. Maybe if you weren’t around, the squad would have fallen apart long ago.

Emily is a Scranton native trying to make a name for herself. She is a senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Finance. When she's not goofing off with her friends or spending time with her family, there is a very big chance that she's binge watching Criminal Minds on Netflix. Emily has a love-hate relationship with Moe's Southwest Grill and would probably eat chips and queso for every meal if it didn't mean that she'd have to work out afterwards. She loves being a part of Her Campus Scranton and can't wait to see what her future holds!
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so