This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Valentine’s Day is the one day of the year when we shower our loved ones with roses, chocolates, and other gushy stuff. Thank god Leslie Knope has our backs and created Galentine’s Day.

Only Leslie Knope can truly describe what Galentine’s day is:

“Oh it’s only the best day of the year. Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.” While some us of will be brunching with our friends, here are some other fun Galentine’s Day activities to enjoy:

1. Shopping

Enjoy the age-old tradition of shopping with your girls!

2. Sky Zone

Bring your girlfriends and jump around! Enjoy being a kid for a day and goof off!

3. Get Ya Nails Did

Relax and gossip with your ladies while enjoying a fresh manicure, pedicure, or both! TREAT YO SELF.

4. Movie Night (Wine Night)

Have a movie night! That, of course, will probably turn into a wine night, so kick up your feet! Turn on the squad’s favorite rom-com!

5. Have an Old-School Slumber Party

Ever miss the middle school sleepovers that included staying up all night and hanging with your besties? Galentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity to relive the old days!

6. Host a Dinner Party

Invite the girls over and show off your impressive cooking skills! Or, if you’re like me, order some awesome take out and play it off…

7. GO OUT

Yeah, it’s on a Tuesday, but this is college and the perfect time to have an empty bar to you and your girlfriends on a Tuesday night!

Just remember what Leslie Knope would want for you…HAVE FUN WITH YA GIRLS!

Elizabeth Transue is a Communication Broadcasting major with a minor in Political Science at The University of Scranton. Her life changed when she studied abroad in London and fell in love with traveling. She is obsessed with her adorable pug, Chikfila, and her eleven best friends who just so happen to be her housemates. She can't hold a tune or keep a rhythm but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it! Am I right?