5 Things We Should All Be Thankful for this Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

1. Family

This includes everyone: parents, siblings, uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces, nephews, and anyone else you call your family. These, for most of us, are some of the most important people in our lives and we should be extra thankful this Thanksgiving that we have them. Family is your support system and your cheer section; they are the people who love you for worse or for better. I’m thankful my parents put up with me as well as they do.

2. Friends

Some friends we can almost consider family. These are all the guys and gals out there that have our backs no matter what, the people we can always count on. Let’s show them how much they mean to us by thanking them for being so awesome. Buy them a present; take them out for a drink, because they probably deserve it. This holiday season, I finally plan to buy my amazing friends presents.

3. Food

This is obviously a very big part of Thanksgiving. When most people hear the word Thanksgiving, their thoughts can’t help but go straight to turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and so on. Just the idea of Thanksgiving is enough to make any person’s stomach growl. Be sure to remember during this special time just how lucky you are to have all the amazing food you do. I am thankful for all the food that comes in a box or a can, because that is all the food I know how to cook.

4. Home

One of the greatest things in life is having a place to call your home, whether it is a house, mansion, ranch, or apartment. Home means always having a place to go back to when the best things or the worst things in life happen. It is the place where we make our fondest memories, and the place where we learn the greatest lessons. It is the place where our life goes by. It also is a place to celebrate holidays, like Thanksgiving! Remember to be thankful for having a place to call home.

5. Life and Health

One of the most important things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving is that you’re around for it. Remember to eat right and exercise, because our health is one of the most important things we have, and we don’t want to waste it. As Gandhi once said “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver. Make the best out of life—there are many Thanksgivings to come!

I am a junior communications student at The University of Scranton.
Elise is a Jersey girl who loves to travel the world, she enjoys keeping up with the latest fashion trends and believes an Instagram a day keeps the doctor away. She is a senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Writing. Elise is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend Samantha (every brunette needs a blonde right?) This past summer she interned in Public Relations at The Thomas Collective, a boutique lifestyle agency in New York City. When her toes are not in the sand, she’s hailing a cab or packing her bags ready to jet set anywhere and everywhere. Fun Fact: Elise is a member of Scranton’s Equestrian team. Follow her on Instagram @liseyleelee and on Twitter @eliseteresa!