nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Things I Learned My Senior Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

1. Start saving

Coming from the girl who rarely had more than $10 in my bank account and constantly got e-mails from PNC telling me that my account was under its threshold (even after getting paid), it’s important to get your act together and start saving!

2. Make sure your resume is always up to date

What happens if you find that your dream job is hiring, but your resume still has irrelevant information like your high school drama club? The time it takes you to edit your resume might just be enough time for you to lose your dream job to someone whose resume was already updated!

3. It’s okay not to have a job or plan after graduation

While everyone around you might be receiving job offers or getting into grad school, there are still plenty of people who are in the same boat as you! Just keep applying and it will all work out soon!

4. Thank your parents

Personally, I wouldn’t have made it through these past 4 years if it weren’t for my parents. Make sure to thank them for everything, because this amazing experience wouldn’t have been possible without them.

5. There’s no friendships quite like the ones you make in college

Think about it. You’ll never be able to be this ridiculous and reckless again. You’ll never live this close to all of your friends again. College is an experience unlike any other, especially when it comes to friendship. Cherish the time you have with them, because like Michael Scott said, leaving them and this place “is gonna hurt like a mother f*cker.” 

Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so