5 Lessons I’ve learned From My Sisters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Growing up with two older sisters is a blessing in disguise. Although we might disagree and fight, my life wouldn’t be the same without them. My two sisters have taught me many things about life and I’d like to thank them for it.

Lesson #1: Stick up for yourself
It is important to know how to voice your opinion and stick up for what is right. Without having the ability to talk back to my sisters whenever I could, I would not have that voice.

Lesson #2: Boys will be boys
My older sisters taught me everything I know about boys- how to handle them during the good times and how to destroy their lives during the bad.

Lesson #3: At the end of the day, we still love each other
We may fight, yell, kick and scream, but those harsh words have no meaning. No matter what is said, we are still sisters. No fight can come between us.

Lesson #4: Secrets
No two people know my biggest secrets, my most embarrassing stories and have seen me at my worst. They have endless blackmail on me, but it goes both ways.

Lesson #5: They have my back no matter what
They will stand by me when someone crosses me. As cheesy as it is, families stick together.

No matter what life throws at me, I know I can get through it with my sisters by my side. These are only some of the lessons my sisters have taught me and I know for as long as we live, they will never stop teaching things.  

I'm a twenty-year-old junior at the University of Scranton. I aspire to work in public relations after I graduate, as well as travel the world. I grew up on the south shore of Long Island.
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so