13 Things Running Through a Girls Mind Watching the Victoria Secret Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

The Christmas season is upon us. Which in a nut-shell means peppermint, snow, a break from school, and the Victoria Secret Fashion Show. The show always falls on one of the final weeks of the semester, and you have to take time out of that ten page paper to watch. The same thing happens year after year, and has girls watching, with their friends or solo, wondering the same things.

1. “What exactly am I watching? Is it the actual fashion, or the models? Or wait no, it’s for the sparkly bra and Ed Sheeran.”

2. “Like, what would you even do with that bra? Show it off around the holidays? Hey Grandpa Joe, look at this new 2 million dollar bra Dave bought me!”

3. “I could totally do that whole “model-strut” thing, it can’t be that hard.” (sashaying to kitchen for more snacks)

4. (Struts back to couch, snacks in hand while shoveling food into mouth mid steps, plopping back onto couch)

5. “Wait, how are they so skinny and fit?! They must not even know what a french fry tastes like, or cheese. Whatever, DIET STARTS NOW!” 

6. (Gets down and does two crunches) “ALRIGHT DIET STARTS TOMORROW!”

7. “But, that means no more cheese fries, and it’s finals so clearly I need to invest into my studies and not spend all day at the gym….and think of all the uneaten cheese fries.”

8. “I heard if you eat a bunch of kale you drop weight super quick. Have I ever even eaten kale before?”

9. “Hmm but you can see her ribs, I don’t know how I feel about that… speaking of ribs, I think that’s what I’ll have for dinner tomorrow.”

10. “Those wing-things or whatever they’re called, have to weigh a ton. Definitely more than them, and they’re on 5 inch stilettos. You win this round models, you win this one.”

11. “Ok, but I can definitely have hair like that..”

12. “Ugh that’s the one married to Adam Levine. I guess she’s pretty….. What am I kidding their babies will be beautiful, and he’ll still not know of my existence.”

13.“Oof at least I wasn’t whacked in the head with one of those wing-things.”

Dominique is your everyday Northeastern Pennsylvanian, and will probably have a different hair style every time you see her. She loves being outdoors, and finding an adventure in everything. She currently studies as a Senior History, Political Science, and International Studies triple major with a concentration in Italian at the University of Scranton. Dominique also studied abroad in Rome, Italy, not only falling in love with everything Italian, all the pizza, but with travel itself. Weird facts: Her favorite word is melanzane (eggplant), she writes most of her notes backwards (right to left too) and has a 130lb white German Shepherd named Kitty (he’s a boy). Follow her on Twitter @domnommnomm!
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_