5 Ways to keep a Clean Bedroom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

1. Utilize Storage Space

Have as much storage as possible! This could be done through shelving or baskets to store art and school supplies as well as books or magazines. A small filing cabinet to store past school work, notes, and projects. Recently on Pinterest I have seen a ladder hung horizontally on a wall, used to hold books or baskets. Get creative with it! You never know what kind of creative ideas you can find or produce.

Images courtesy of Google 

2. Do your Laundry

As soon as you see the hamper filling up, do your laundry! I know I always have this problem. But to solve it, invest in another hamper to keep other dirty clothes in or to simply make during laundry easier. I personally love doing laundry. I think it can be relaxing in the right mind set.

3. Saving Time

Dedicate some of your time during the week to clean up your room periodically. This can help a lot in the long run. Pick a day at the end or the beginning of the weak to tidy up your room and do laundry. You can even extend this to cleaning the rest of you living space as well. This is an excellent way to work cleaning into your daily or weekly schedule.

4. Concentrate on work

Make sure your desk or work space is clean off at all times! I find it hard to begin work if my area is not clean enough. I always have to clean my room and desk off before   starting homework. It makes you feel better and more organized. However having a little chaos may help others work as well. It is about finding what works for you as a         person.

Image courtesy of Google 

5. Keep Closet Clean as well

Having a clean closet is important to the overall cleanliness of your room. If you do not have a closet, you need to be even more cautious. Do not throw your clothes on the floor or into a chair. As a girl, I do this all the time when I get ready. I try on a bunch of different stuff and then end up leaving it all of my floor and bed. If the clothes are dirty put them in a hamper or if they are clean put them back into your drawers or closet.

Savannah College of Art and Design Her Campus intern with SCAD Fashion Marketing