10 Things You Never Knew About the Bachelor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

The wildly popular reality TV series, The Bachelor, has exploded over the internet the past couple weeks!  There is always “that girl” on the show that causes ALL of the problems!  This year it is all about Corrine (as you have probably seen from the hilarious memes out there).  It only makes me wonder….how on earth do they find these people?  Some of them are nuts!  So here are some fun facts that might help answer that question!

1.  You may think these women are crazy, but they actually are certifiably not insane!  They have to take a psychological test and pass it in order to get on the show.  I think something might be up with that though.

Photo Curtesy of Giphy.com

2. So what is up with the full plates of food they leave on the table?  Wasted food….why do they do that?  It turns out that the food is essentially just a prop.  It is set up there just to look like a date.  They never end up eating the food because of how loud it would be in the microphones.

Photo Curtesy of Giphy.com

3.  They drink all of the time.  It is all a plan though.  The more they drink, the more they will say.  That is how the gossip comes out.  Jealous Women + Lots of Alcohol.

Photo Curtesy of Giphy.com

4.  Even though they only film for one month, the contestants must be willing to be filmed 24/7!  The show is allowed to record or video tape you any time within reason.

Photo Curtesy of Giphy.com

5.  The contestants must take an STD test.  Nobody is exactly sure how much sleeping around there is, but at least they are clean!

Photo Curtesy of Giphy.com

6.  They are not all there for the right reasons!  As much as the Bachelor or Bachelorette emphasizes “being there for the right reasons,” they really are not.  Many people go on the show for publicity.  Just think of how many people watch the show?  Not a bad plan!

Photo Curtesy of Giphy.com

7.  Don’t feel too bad for the contestants if they do not find love with the bachelor or bachelorette.  They may have found love with the producers!

Photo Curtesy of Giphy.com

8.  They can have made up jobs because why not?

Photo Curtesy of Pinterest

9.  The producers have the power to dictate the order in which the roses are handed out.  They want the drama to build up as you watch!  It would be no fun if Corrine’s name was called first every week!

Photo Curtesy of Giphy.com

10.  They’re emotions are messed with 24/7.  It is pretty much a game.  They try to get the girls to get emotional on the show as often as possible.

Photo Curtesy of Giphy.com

$ Shopping Addict $