Your Spring Break Guide to Survival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Let’s face it, winter has been, well, winter.  Like every other year, it’s always a little harder to get through the days as there is so little light (I mean, who sees it anyway?  Sleep comes after death, amiright?).  But this year has had the added bonus of political drama and the stress of both the known (ahem, immigration bans, racism coming out of the closet and people in high places promoting fake news just to mention a few) and the unknown (like where TF our country is going and if we’re gonna get it together).  Many of us have been so tightly wrapped up in the news, protests and other personal worries that it’s been break-down season for us.  Knowing how winters always go for me and how this has gone for us, we took winter quarter to talk about self-love, health and wholeness.  Many of our articles have circulated around this theme, and our spring break survival must be nothing less.   This season’s sweets are nothing less than the perfect thing to launch us into the best Spring Break.  Here’s what to put in your bag.

Illustrations courtesy of Julia Yoon

First step, Get some color in your palette

A little bronze

Illustration courtesy of Julia Yoon

Let’s face it, there’s nothing more winter than pale, un-kissed skin. It’s time to bring out some color in this sea of grey and white.  Self-tanning has come far in recent years from their orange origins, so now is the perfect time to try it out.  In lotion form and towelette packs, L’oreal Sublime Bronze is bomb preparation for your time in the sun.  I mean, sometimes it just feels healthier to have some tints in the complexion, but on top of this, this tanning lotion also protects from harmful effects of the sun.

Some jewels

Illustration courtesy of Julia Yoon

Everyone has their jewelry and charms of choice.  This sweet Juicy Couture brand bracelet makes the perfect accessory to any style, from daytime at the beach to the evening at the club, this bracelet will ensure a sweet welcome.  After all, pineapples are a symbol of welcoming.  Welcome to your life.  Enjoy it.

Hot lips

Illustrations courtesy of Julia Yoon

When you go out, why not get a little wild.  These Charlotte Tilbury lip sticks are the perf solution way to get a little color on for a night out.  Coming in three colors, Electric Poppy, Kim K.W. and Miranda May, these are just the colors we need to pop a little fun into our life.  

Every swag bag must come with the practicals

Dry shampoo is a must

Illustration courtesy of Julia Yoon

Pssst, we know of a great brand, too.  Freeman Beauty has the perfect travel-size can for your week, whether staying in or away.  Dry shampoo is the ideal solution for your adventure break.  No parabens, GMOs, or other irritable man-made stuff, which is nice to get away from for bit.

A little urinary tract health never hurt anyone…

Illustration courtesy of Julia Yoon

Cystex is your go-to.  UTIs (Urinary Tract Infection) are no fun, so Cystex is here to maintain that urinary health that will keep UTIs where they belong – nonexistent.  Oh, but if you already have a UTI, it will also act as a paint relief while you are waiting for a stronger prescription. Get a $2 off coupon here!

New season, new plans

Illustration courtesy of Julia Yoon

How better to spend your spring break than dreamin’ about the life you want?  These products are the perfect addition to your planning.’ Erin Condren’s planning tools (planner, markers, stickers +) will have you right on track to imagining your ideal life and making real goals. Keep your goals SMART and your imagination wild. But, rest first, it’s the best place to dream from, whether you’re dreaming of your future life as an animator or your part in the solutions for the world. Keep it light, and always remember that anything is possible. Sign up for the EC newsletter now to get 10% off your order.  Also, check out their referral program to make some side cash.

Read up

Illustration courtesy of Julia Yoon

Actually She Can is good read for any moving toward success. But, it’s more than a magazine, but a movement to inspire the women of current and future generations.  Learn about networking, mentorship, meditation and what it looks like to be a fearless woman.  Join the dialogue on current affairs affecting women and get involved.  After you take your break, of course.  No one can save the world in a day.

Alright, it’s time to enjoy your break.  It is well-deserved, you wild woman, you.  See you in the spring!

Starting out as a staff writer & visual contributor in the Spring of 2016, Christine soon became the replacement Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Savannah College of Art and Design for the 2016-17 school year. In January 2017, she facilitated the launch of the SCAD Atlanta branch's own editorial launch, apart from the Savannah campus, leading the team to win some 2017 Her Campus awards!  She is an illustrator and avid history lover, and she also served in the Army as an Analyst and went to Bethel Ministry School before attending SCAD.  Her goal, as an illustrator, writer and in life in general, is to mine life of the treasure contained within.  She loves to find and put on display ideas, people (portraiture) and beautiful things.  Valuable things that are all around us in our everyday life in the form of friends, coworkers, classmates, nature, even industry.  She loves music (even writing songs and performing!), dance and new adventures.   Eventually she plans to write and illustrate children's books, have her own business featuring greeting cards, paper products, and her own revolutionary online/physical editorial publication.  For more about Christine check out her website at www.christineburney.com.
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World