Your Holiday Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.
Your Holiday Survival Kit

Winter break is a time of rest,  recuperation and preparation for a new year.  It’s a time when self-care is essential and knowing how to decompress is absolutely necessary. The process will be different for everyone; so, regardless of whether you are working over the break, vegging at home with family or doing a little bit of both, it is for the benefit of everyone that you take this time to take cae.  Here are a few things we think you will benefit from some of our favorite products during this holiday season.  Starting with a good book…

Book of the Month

The newest book of the month is, drumroll please…

The Wangs vs. the World

This book paints the portrait of a “most vital, most sacred self,” the identity of one when they “have nothing.”  This book is the perfect book to read when you feel you have nothing left — a walk back to the most important things in life, if you will.  Which means, this is perfect for our holiday break — a time outside the routine of making stuff for a grade, a time when we must find our worth apart from what we do.  This season, we wish just that for you; we hope this book will leave a lasting impact and the simple thought that you are more valuable than what you produce.  We hope your break will be one of cozying up, reading a little something and remembering your best self in the process. 

Image courtesy of Savannah Wingard

Oh, and just for being one of our lovely readers, if you use the code HERCAMPUS30 on your book of the month order, you can get 30% off a 3-month membership plus a free tote!  This will make it less than $10.50/month for your new hardcover book and participation in this fun club!  Enroll at http://www.bookofthemonth.com/enroll.  Happy reading, love.

Yogi Tea

And what would our sweet cozying up be without a nice hot cup of tea?  It makes the restlessness in our hearts die down, while relaxing us into a season of comfort and joy, while we peruse the reading of our delight.  Yogi tea is one of our favorites.  A tea that celebrates wholeness of the most fundamental kind, stimulated by the philosophy of Ayuveda, traditional Chinese medicine and Western herbalism, is a perfect way to get back to the basics of life and health. 

Leaders Cosmetics 7 Wonders Masks

Another great way to chill after this crazy quarter, well, this crazy year, is to reset with a therapeutic face mask.  Leaders Cosmetics has an incredible new collection of masks that will make you wonder at how new you feel.  Made up of coconut gel, your skin will get a fresh replenishment of Vitamins B, C and antioxidant Anthocyanin, while the harsh dirt of this old year is removed. Try the 7 Wonders Collection to be transported to Amazon rainforest or the Caribbean all in the form of a mask. 

Image courtesy of Savannah Wingard

7 Wonders Amazonian Acai Anti-Pollution Mask

7 Wonders Caribbean Coconut Calming

7 Wonders Kalahari Melon Moisturizing Mask

Rimmel London

What would the holiday season be with dressing to the nines?  It’s party time, ladies, and we have just the look for you.

Image courtesy of Savannah Wingard  

Scandaleyes Original Mascara ($6.99) & Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner ($4.59)

Smoldering eyes with no smudging, ladies!

Image courtesy of Savannah Wingard

Provocalips 16HR Kissproof Lip Colour ($7.49)

A light color that looks good on you, multiple shades to find your match, and all the kissing you want this Christmas without the trouble.

Image courtesy of Savannah Wingard

Natural Bronzer ($6.29)

For a sunny outlook, try some bronzer.

Image courtesy of Savannah Wingard

Pure Silk Shave Cream

And now that it is no longer November, it’s time to get our shave on for nice smooth legs to show off in your winter dress. Enter here for a chance to win a Love Your Legs Getaway! You and a friend could win a trip to majestic Colorado to enjoy roundtrip airfare and accommodations, a day of relaxation at Life Spa, a night of music at Red Rocks Amphitheatre, entrance into the Gildan Esprit de She 5k/10k and a Pure Silk prize bag!

Image courtesy of Savannah Wingard

Image courtesy of Savannah Wingard

Starting out as a staff writer & visual contributor in the Spring of 2016, Christine soon became the replacement Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Savannah College of Art and Design for the 2016-17 school year. In January 2017, she facilitated the launch of the SCAD Atlanta branch's own editorial launch, apart from the Savannah campus, leading the team to win some 2017 Her Campus awards!  She is an illustrator and avid history lover, and she also served in the Army as an Analyst and went to Bethel Ministry School before attending SCAD.  Her goal, as an illustrator, writer and in life in general, is to mine life of the treasure contained within.  She loves to find and put on display ideas, people (portraiture) and beautiful things.  Valuable things that are all around us in our everyday life in the form of friends, coworkers, classmates, nature, even industry.  She loves music (even writing songs and performing!), dance and new adventures.   Eventually she plans to write and illustrate children's books, have her own business featuring greeting cards, paper products, and her own revolutionary online/physical editorial publication.  For more about Christine check out her website at www.christineburney.com.