harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why Should We Get Rid of All Things Toxic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Why should we get rid of anything that is toxic in our lives, a lesson I literally just learned. I didn’t understand the hype there was on social media with videos and memes about a “Non-Toxic 2018” but in reality it’s something we have to be paying attention to. But how do we identify a toxic person, environment or obsession? From experience, it is not that easy to notice until you find yourself not able or willing to handle it anymore. Whether it is your work place and you dread going there and you can already anticipate how they will treat you or the unjust tasks they might make you do, take some action. And if it’s a friend that’s constantly gossiping about you, makes shady comments towards you or treats you in a hostile manner… Take some action as well! This is not a childish thing to do because later on it might cause you some serious stress you don’t need present in your life. Below are some questions I created, based on my own experience, that I wish I would’ve asked myself earlier. 

Work place

1. Do I complain whenever I have to work?
  2. Do I feel intimidated or treated unjust in my work environment?
  3. Do they make me do unnecessary tasks (that literally no one else does)?

This aspect is so important because the work place for us college students IS a place to learn from others in conversation and communication. We should never feel like we don’t belong in a place we feel passionate about.

Friends

1. Do they spread negative information about me?
  2. When together, do comments hurt?
  3. Do I find myself avoiding them?

Just like the work place, this is just as important. Friends need to be friends, if not then what are they?

High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World