Style > Beauty

Kylie Cosmetics is the Beauty Trend to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

Everyone who has been anywhere near social media or not under a rock knows that last year was entirely Kylie Jenner’s year.  She killed it with her clothing line with sister Kendall Jenner.  She also launched her very own cosmetic line, Kylie Cosmetics, which gave her fame that is no longer connected to her other sister, Kim Kardashian. Her outfit and makeup are widely popular and she basically has the world on a string.  There’s no doubt that this is the moment for Kylie! Not only are her cosmetics actually appealing to wear but she is also a killer marketer and she has grown so well into herself that we can’t look away.  Business beauties take note.

Her lip line is mostly primary colors with desaturated tones which are the popular color palette these days — not too poppy but also sexy. Her eye shadows and liner line compliment perfectly with her lip colors, letting you attain that flawless look like the master. The velvet texture makes the lips matte and glossy  makes any lips irresistibly plump without the use extra materials. Huge plus. 

But Kylie is not only about beauty, she is also dominating in her advertising, which has made her a killer business woman. Her dead-on marketing skills makes people rush to buy her product. These days marketing is a crucial thing in the beauty industry; Kylie is succeeding nicely, using social media as a leader for others to follow.​

This year  Kylie totally owned it. We have so much to learn from her, as a business women, fashion icon, and not to mention her embracing of beauty. Her cosmetic brand is has taken the beauty industry by storm; and if we learn anything from her, it’s from her ability to invite the public into her fabulous style! It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that beauty is within reach with these pops of color.  So, why not give this trend a try and see your own fabulous and see your own fabulous beauty come out? 

High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World