Style > Beauty

Spring Break Essentials: Her Campus Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

1. Alba Botanica Hawaiian Sunscreen, Green Tea– The most important product to bring on vacation is sunscreen! Sunscreen is very important, it prevents sunburn and decreases risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun. This sunscreen has SPF 45, protects your skin for 80 minutes, and is water resistant. The best part about this sun screen is its light green tea scent! I love green tea, and this product has green tea antioxidants and soothing aloe vera packed in! An amazing perk to this sunscreen is that it’s 100% vegetarian ingredients, not tested on animals, and no parabens, phthalates, or synthetic fragrances!

2. L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes– Everyone wants to be bronzed on the beach, but tanning beds are super bad for you skin, and can cause skin cancer and wrinkles. L’Oreal has you covered! With the Self-Tanning Towelettes, you can achieve a beautiful tan without damaging your skin. These towelettes are convenient and easy to use. So convienent for packing in your suitcase and applying before the beach! These self-tanning towelettes have enough self-tanner for one application and are made with vitamin E to provide a beautiful, natural looking tan and ultra-smooth skin. The best part about this product is that it drives quickly! Before applying, exfoliate and cleanse your skin, smooth the towelette all over body, let the skin dry before applying makeup/getting dressed, and in 2-4 hours your natural looking tan will be developed! Tips: Don’t forget to moisturize any dry areas before applying this product, use sparingly around ankles, knees, and elbows and wash your hands after applying

the product. For best results, use daily until you have achieved your desired level of tan then use 1 to 2 times per week to maintain your tan.

3. TIGI Bed Head Superstar Queen for a Day Thickening Spray– I have fine hair and I am obsessed with this product! I love sprays for thickening my hair because I feel like I can use a lot of product without it looking like there is a lot of product in my hair (fellow fine haired girls know what I mean!) With this product, I get volume, body, and lift! My hair looks much thicker after using it. I’ll wash my hair with my volumizing shampoo and conditioner, then I’ll apply the Bed Head Thickening spray to my hair while it’s still damp. I then will let me hair air dry, or I will blow dry my hair upside down for extra volume!

4. Tigi Bed Head GET TWISTED Anti Frizz Spray– This product is for you girls with curly locks! This product would be perfect on vacation because it fights humidity. This finishing spray is a lightweight, fast drying finishing spray for curly hair. This spray provides long lasting hold without the stickiness. It also provides frizz control and humidity resistance, which again, is perfect when you’re on vacation! All you have to do is spray onto wet or dry hair to lock in your waves/curls and protect from frizz! Tip: Apply to wet hair, pack in beach bag, and apply when necessary on the beach or by the pool if you’re hair gets a little frizzy from the humidity!

5. Buxom Va-Va-PLUMP Shiny Liquid Lipstick– A shiny, plumping liquid lipstick that delivers bold, intense color with serious staying power! What else do you want from a lipstick when you’re on vacation? This color will stay on from morning to night. You can wear it on the beach without worrying about touch ups, you can wear it at night when going out with your friends, or just apply it at morning and do both! This product is a mix between a gloss, liquid lip and lipstick. It has a slight cooling sensation, which really plumps up your lips! (Tingling sensation goes away after 10-20 minutes). The applicator applies a perfect amount of product and is really easy to apply. High tech polymers and silicon elastomers make the formula creamy and supple, while helping prevent the intense pigment from smudging or fading. Buxom’s unique peptide and hyaluronic acid booster helps to support natural collagen, give lips a volumized look, and plump to perfection, all without irritating or drying your lips! I love liquid lipsticks that aren’t drying and overly-matte, which is why I love this shiny plumping liquid lipstick!

6. Almay Shadow Squad Eyeshadow— Packing on vacation is hard enough, packing your makeup for vacation is even harder. Thanks to Almay, you can get pack light but still get a beautiful eye look with the Shadow Squad Eyeshadow! What’s nice about this product is you can do a natural

look with a single texture during the day, then get a more glam look at night with a combination of the matte, metallic, satin, and glitter shadows! No need to pack multiple eyeshadows, these quads will give you a beautiful cohesive look! Tip: Since these quads are small enough you can pack two without taking up too much room in your makeup bag! Buying two different color quads will add more dimension to your eye look. My favorite combo for spring break is 150 Pure Gold, Baby and 220 Less Is More.

Thanks for reading! What are your favorite Spring Break Must-Haves? Follow the link to my blog below and leave a comment!

xoxo, Lou

This article was originally published on www.livelaughlou.wordpress.com

Pittsburgh native, coffee lover, reading enthusiust