The Perfect Guide for Galentine’s Day in Olean

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Here we go again. The stores are already flooded with constant reminders about how once again, you are alone on V-Day this year. Sorry for the negativity, but I’m going to be honest, it kind of sucks! Valentine’s Day when you’re single is like that annoying aunt that is constantly asking why you don’t have a boyfriend yet. Like sorry, Aunt Mary, but I don’t need no man. I’ve decided that this year it’s time for us single gals to unite and make this day ours. Why worry about not having a Valentine’s date, when you can have a Galentine’s date? Your gals are wayyy better than that frat boy who only hits you up on the weekends anyway. For my girls in Olean, I have the perfect way you and your girls can celebrate Valentine’s Day this year:

1. Restaurant ideas.

It’s El Mariachi time. Grab your girls and head on over to the delicious Mexican restaurant in downtown Olean. How else would you rather spend Valentine’s Day than laughing over a jumbo marg and bowl of queso?

Feeling sushi? Head over to Oishi for sushi rolls or Hibachi. It’s always a great time sitting around the Hibachi table, sharing stories, and shoving in as much food as possible. The Hibachi man is also up for making sure you and your girlfriends are very much entertained.

Mexican or sushi not for you? Four Mile is definitely a great option. They have great comfort food that can cure any V-Day blues. You can also set up a beer tasting with your girls at the brewery! Booze, burgers and your gals… who needs boys?!

1. Date ideas for playing around town

Carmike Cinemas is playing “50 Shades of Grey.” Christian Grey, a bowl of popcorn, and an endless supply of chocolate? Sign me up!  Plus, Bona students get a discount! Going to the movies with my girlfriends is always a great time. Blankets and a groutfit attire are a must, especially on your Galentine’s date.

Go Ice-skating at the recreation center! Whether you know how to skate or not, what better way to hang with your girls than make fun of each other every time you bust your butt on ice? Forget Disney on Ice, Bona girls on Ice would be a way better show.

Bowling! Good Times Olean has countless activities for you and your friends to do on your Galentine’s date. Pick teams before hand and everyone pitch in on a prize for the winner. (I suggest a chocolate heart and a box of Franzia). It’ll make your game a little more competitive and fun.

Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be so bad. Whether you have a significant other or not, planning a Galentine’s Day date is always a good idea. It’s a chance for you and your girls to unwind, destress, and bond. I hope you try out some of these ideas and have an amazing V-Day and G-Day!

Pittsburgh native, coffee lover, reading enthusiust