The Best Leggings for Every Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Every girl loves her leggings, but what’s worse than buying a pair that turn out to be cheap, see-through, and become ripped with holes after just a few wears? After years of testing every brand out there, I have found the best leggings on the market. In my opinion, an ideal pair of leggings would possess a large waistband, be thick and NOT see-through, and be soft to the touch. Whether you’re looking to splurge or searching for a steal, I have the leggings for you. These are the top four legging brands for every budget! 

Ultimate Steal (Under $20): 90 Degree by Reflex 

These Power Flex Yogas can be found here. 

I had never heard of 90 Degree by Reflex until I was doing some research to find a cheaper alternative to the Lululemon leggings I usually wear. After reading great reviews, I tried these out and I was shocked at how similar they were! These Power Flex yogas retail at about $78, but can be found on Amazon for as low as $18!! As an added bonus, I can usually find some in the athletic wear racks at Marshall’s or TJ Maxx for an even cheaper price! Not to mention, they have the cutest collection of colors and patterns. 

Steal ($20-$50): Express 

These Sexy Stretch Leggings can be found here. 

The leggings by Express are not too thin and not too thick and are definitely the best for lounging around in. These retail at $29.99, but almost always have a sale or BOGO deal associated with them. They also come in a few different colors and patterns to mix it up from the classic black! 

Splurge ($50-$100): Fabletics 

You can find these Salar Leggings here. 

Fabletics is a great brand for leggings, possibly my favorite, and I swear by their thickness! The classics are the Salar Leggings from their Signature Collection which retail at $64.95, but are definitely worth the price if you’re looking for a thick, super soft, and non-transparent pair. 

Ultimate Splurge ($100+): Lululemon 

You can find these Wunder Under III Pants here. 

There’s no question that Lululemon leggings are the best on the market, but are they worth their insane price? If you’re looking to splurge, I say yes. These Wunder Under III Pants retail for $98. If you’re feeling guilty about spending the money, just keep in mind that Lululemon does provide a repair service/guarantee for any products that happen to rip or get damaged, which is a service not many other brands offer! 

Happy shopping!

all photos were taken from each stores individual site: reflex.com, express.com, fabletics.com, lululemon.com

Buffalo, NY. SBU '20. Strategic Communications and Digital Media Major.
I'm a Junior Strategic Communications major at Saint Bonaventure University, also known as the greatest place on earth. Hobbies include eating ridiculous amounts of food, watching Scandal and swimming. I'm probably wearing converse.