This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

While the 90s and 00s were the glory days when most of us were growing up and first being introduced to makeup and other beauty products, others were defining beauty trends that are making a comeback today.

Colorful eyeliner was a hit look in the early 2000s and is making a huge comeback today on the red carpet, but also on the runway. Hues of blue, as shown by Rhianna, can be used to add a summery look to your outfit, but can also be used as an elegant pop of color to a look. Adding color to an outfit isn’t the only perk, blue liner also makes the eyes pop. While in the 2000s this trend was usually a single color liner, today ombré liner is a huge trend as well as multiple color liner.

Another trend from the 90s was glittery eye shadow and glossy lips.

We pretty much use glitter to accent every part of our makeup routine these days. From glitter sticker eyeshadow to glitter brows to glitter freckles, glitter is in high demand. Queen Kylie has

make lip gloss and lipstick of every color and shimmer level popular as well. This 90s trend is alive and well in today’s makeup scene.

In the 90s and 2000s, all the celebrities wore the elegant white French tip nails look. Today French tips are still spotted on celebrities with a little twist. The colored French tip adds a tiny pop of color to any look and is of course different from your average manicure.

While there are some trends we would love to keep in the 90s and 2000s, like crimped hair and overlined lips, some of these retro trends mentioned above we more than happy to revamp and revive. I personally would love to see the comeback of the scruncie so I can put the drawer full of them in my bedside table back to use from when I used to rock them in elementary school. The braided pigtails I used to wear with them though, I can do without.

Pittsburgh native, coffee lover, reading enthusiust