This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

Her Campus has done it again! We are excited to share that we have snagged an exclusive interview with one of Savannah State’s most prominent DJ’s. DJ Keesh is a well-known DJ at Savannah State University and is planning to make this upcoming school year one that you will never forget. Read on to gain insight on his road to success and plans for the future!

Her Campus: How would you describe your college experience?  

DJ KEESH: My college experience was all about networking, finding the right people to help me build a brand and a business that I can see myself growing and thriving in for my future.

Her Campus: Why did you decide to attend Savannah State University? 

DJ KEESH: I chose Savannah State for the main reason of being close to my mother. She is an ill woman and I want to be able to do all that I can to make sure she is okay while I’m in college

Her Campus: As a senior what do you wish you could have told your freshman self?  

DJ Keesh: I would have told myself to stay focus and take things more seriously.

Her Campus: What motivates you to keep going knowing how hard college can be?

DJ KEESH: My mother, a lot people in our family don’t go to college and having this degree will make my mother so proud.

Her Campus: What is your favorite part about college?

DJ Keesh: My favorite part about college is simply the college life, meeting people, getting involved, taking chances, and things of that nature. College is really a place for you to grow and experience moments you will always remember

Her Campus: What is your favorite memory as a freshman & senior 

DJ Keesh: My favorite memory has to be my first DJ’ing gig I did on campus as a freshman. It was the first opportunity to show the school my talent and my passion. Senior year is approaching and I can’t wait to see what God has planned. God really has been opening some great doors for me.

Her Campus: What advice can you give incoming freshman?

DJ Keesh: I know this may sound weird coming from a DJ, but don’t party too much and get sucked in to that. Moderation is key! Focus in classes, join organizations, and make some sort of impact at your University

Her Campus: If you could go back and relive or redo any experience in college what would it be? 

DJ Keesh: My junior year. I found myself more focused on making money DJ’ing than I was trying to get my degree and staying on top of my academics.

Her Campus: Who’s your biggest inspiration? 

DJ Keesh: I wouldn’t say I have one certain person but I’m just inspired by anyone I see working hard, making things happen, and following their dreams.

Her Campus: What are you most proud of accomplishing in college? 

DJ: Keesh: Building this ‘DJ Keesh’ brand and having opportunities to work for different colleges, organizations, club venues, and corporations.

Her Campus: What is your major & why did you choose it? 

DJ Keesh: Mass Communications, Audio and Video Production. I chose this major because it stood out to me and what I was interested in. I have a love for audio engineering and you know, if you’re going to get a degree in something let it be something you love to do

Her Campus: What do you hope to accomplish after graduation? 

DJ Keesh: That my DJ’ing business continues to grow and expand from the low country areas to bigger cities. Also, to be on Tour playing music for different cities around the nation with today’s popular artist.

Her Campus: What are three fun facts you would like for our readers to know about you?

DJ Keesh: Okay so, I’m ambidextrous which means I’m both right and left handed. I like to write music for people like a ghostwriter. Lastly, I am a big-time sushi lover.

Her Campus: If you could change one thing about your college career what would it be? 

DJ Keesh: I honestly wouldn’t change a thing. I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and that God has a specific plan for not just me but everyone else as well.

Her Campus: How important is a college education to you?  

DJ Keesh: Important only for the fact that in todays society if you want that solid job, a college degree is a must have.

Her Campus: What are you looking forward to for the upcoming year? 

DJ Keesh: Legendary moments. I want events this year to be remembered. I want my fellow colleges to enjoy themselves at school and at any event I’m playing music at. We have a lot of stuff in store

Her Campus: Why did you decide to become a dj? How important is music to you? 

DJ Keesh: Music is something I always had love for, all genres really. Music brings energy and moods to people’s lives. Music is a very powerful tool that’s why it’s important. I chose to be a dj because I had an ear for it. When I was younger I would listen to the radio with my family and I can hear a song and go, “Momma this song will go good this one.” So, as I got older my parents supported my decision as I invested in some equipment to make it happen.

Her Campus: What is your most memorable party you’ve DJ & why? 

DJ Keesh: Oh, wow there’s a good handful but I will honestly have to say my favorite was the “BlackOwt” party we threw with the Iotas. Adams Hall was packed wall to wall and it was such a dope vibe too see everyone having a good time ON campus for once. Another reason would have to be that since it was on campus that means we didn’t have any alcohol there either which means people were genuinely enjoying themselves to be super turnt at a party with no drinks.

Her Campus: Who helps you the most with your music career? 

DJ Keesh: I have a good amount of people who are supporting me in this which I am very thankful for but one person who helps the most is DJ Pro2kall.

Her Campus: Where do you see yourself in 5 years with your music? 

DJ Keesh: Doing what I do now but on a much larger scale.

Her Campus: What do you have planned this year for Savannah State? 

DJ: Keesh: I can’t reveal my secrets. Just know this school year will be great.

Hi, My name is Otissia McKinnon. I was born and raised in South Georgia and now I currently attend Savannah State University as a Social Work Major. Helping those who are unable to help themselves is my passion and I intend on making it my life's work. I thoroughly enjoy writing, editing, building and branding social media content. My future plans are to build a women's organization that not only empowers the youngest of hearts but encourages girls as they grow older to be the most loving and successful versions of themselves they can be.