Stinger Style: 5 Shoe Options for Colder Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Once the fall and winter seasons roll around, finding something to slip on your feet can be difficult. It’s not as easy in the colder seasons to throw on Birkenstocks or flip flops and run out of the house. This doesn’t mean that it needs to be hard to find something to wear either. There are many different shoe options for the colder seasons, but for your convenience, I’ll give you my favorite five.

1. Combat Boots

Combat boots are a go-to for the winter season especially. They may not be as durable as some high tech boots, but they do the job. You can easily pair combat boots with leggings, jeans or even skirts for a night out on the town. Combat boots are sold anywhere and come in many different colors. They also help make any outfit look put together, with very little effort.

2. Riding Boots

Riding boots are a staple piece for any day of the week. Whether you are trying to look casual with no effort or trying to dress up, a pair of riding boots can complete an outfit. Riding boots can be worn with leggings, dresses, and long over the knee socks. These boots are very versatile and make for a very slimming and stylish look.

3. Timberlands

If you want to try something bold and out of your comfort zone, then try Timberlands. These shoes may not be for everyone, but they are an edgier option to choose for this winter. Many people will applaud you for trying out this brave shoe choice, and you may just fall in love with them. Try adding a pair to leggings and short socks, as well as boyfriend jeans, and you are set!

4. Over the Knee Boots

Over the Knee Boots are the newest trend to hit the fashion world in 2016. Many people are wearing these boots to replace the riding boots with over the knee socks. The great thing about these boots are they keep you warm because they are so tall. These boots are wearable with dresses, skirts and leggings. I would suggest throwing on these boots when trying to go out for a couple of drinks with friends to stay warm and look stylish while doing it.

5. Booties

Booties are the best option to choose when wanting to dress up. There are so many options for this fall and winter season — colors, shapes and styles. When you need to dress up for a presentation, throw on a pair of comfortable booties and you are set to go. Booties are so adaptable they can be worn with pretty much anything, jeans, leggings, skirts and dresses.

Try any of these shoe choices and you will be rocking the fall and winter seasons in style!

Image Credit: Timberlands, Over the Knee Boots, Booties, Riding Boots, Combat Boots

Her Campus at SAU