The Return of the Fanny Pack

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

We’ve all had the time when we want to bring our phone, wallet, snacks, chapstick, and other miscellaneous items with us, but we don’t necessarily want to bring a purse. Purses can be a hassle especially when they keep falling off your shoulder. These are the times when a fanny pack would come in handy. All you have to do is snap it to your waste and you are good to go.

For those of you that participated in Dance Marathon you would know the importance and convenience of a fanny pack. Almost every girl at DM was walking around with her black fanny pack to compliment her neon shirt. These girls could hold everything they needed during the Big Event while still being able to dance and have a good time without worrying about leaving their stuff on the floor or the annoyance of carrying a drawstring bag or purse. Every girl at DM with a fanny pack made a very smart purchase.

I will be the first to tell you that fanny packs are coming back in style. They are even being sold at places like Victoria’s Secret. So jump on the bandwagon and go purchase yourself a fanny pack. It might even come in handy at the end of the year when you are celebrating the end of the school year!

photo credit: Google.com and Alyssa Willey 

Her Campus at SAU