This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Can you say that you are going to start planning your wedding after graduation in May? This bee is a bride-to-be! Senior Mackenzie Doering got her ring before spring and is one of the lucky few engaged to a guy she thinks is the bee’s knees.

Mackenzie got her roots from her hometown in Winnebago, IL, and is a Sociology major with minors in Psychology and Public Relations. You can imagine how busy this girl is being involved as the SAAT Treasurer, a Peer Assistant, former Psychology Club president and participating in track for two years.

Besides looking on Pinterest and updating her wedding website after graduation, Mackenzie hopes to work for Milestone Inc. in Rockford, IL. Her passion is helping and working with children and adults who have disabilities.

“They are always so much fun to be around, and the kids bring out the inner child in me,” Mackenzie said. “The best part of working with kids is that moment when you realize that you have made an impact on not only their life, but their family’s life.”

When she is looking for some inspiration, she can always look down to the tattoo on her foot with her favorite quote, “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.”

Her main support system and role models are her parents who she says have always been there to support her in her life decisions and through her multiple knee surgeries.

“Sometimes they have been there a little to much, but it just shows how much they love me,” Mackenzie says. “I can’t thank them enough for everything they have done for me. I love you Mom and Dad!”

As a freshman she wishes that she had listened when someone told her to get involved right away. Her advice? “Get involved in whatever you’re passionate about from the start because I made so many friendships through my involvement at SAU and became a better leader.”

3 fun facts about Mackenzie:

I love harvest season because I get to ride in the combineI will be getting married in 2016My favorite animal is a cow (I even have cow footie pajamas)

Hey i'm Sam! SAU Senior. Chicago native. Self proclaimed pizza critic and Instagram guru. #GoBees
Her Campus at SAU