The Love-Hate Relationship with Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Thanksgiving Break is a few short days away and I’m sure everyone will agree with me when I say I CANNOT WAIT! Being off school for an entire week. Being able stuff your face with fattening foods more than half of the time and have it be acceptable. What’s not to love? Sure, we’re all extremely excited now, but let me tell you, Thanksgiving Break is not all it’s cracked up to be.

1. There’s a very high chance that when you get back you will have a test…on that monday.

2. There is also a high chance that you will have an assignment that you need to work on while you’re away…

3. It’s only a 9 day break…that’s only 216 hours away from your chaotic life back at school.

4. You have to pack and unpack twice in less than two weeks.

5. You’re family will start to drive you crazy and you’ll start to remember how nice it was to have your own space,

6. While you’re home you will be running in a million different directions trying to see everyone you missed.

*insert funny meme here* 

Sorry to dissappoint girls, nothing worked…^^^

7. When you get back you have to face the reality that stuffing your face is no longer acceptable and it’s time to get rid of the 10-20 pounds you gained.

Hi my name is Vic(Tori)a. I enjoy eating endless amouts of potato chips and regretting it afterwards, shopping even when I can't afford it, and checking things off my to-do list.
Her Campus at SAU