Last Blast 2014: The Rules, the Events, and the Details

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

There has been a lot of “buzz” on campus about the Last Blast rule changes made for this year.

Earlier in the semester, students were invited to an open forum to discuss the reason for the changes and what changes could be made that would benefit both students and the administration. Here are the changes that were decided upon:

There will be a “by invitation only” restriction on campus for all outside visitors. Any visitor or non-SAU student must have been invited by a current SAU student and have an SAU host that will be responsible for the actions of their guest.

Due to fire codes, there is a limit on the number of guests students living on campus. Hall directors and residence advisors have this information because it varies from dorm to dorm.

All SAU students are required to carry their St. Ambrose ID with them at all times and all guests are required to carry their state-issued ID and a St. Ambrose-issued guest pass. Guest passes had to have been registered for by noon Thursday, April 24. Any requests for a guest pass after that time will have a $50 fee and may be denied. If your guest causes any problems and/or damages, the guest will have to pay a fine and you will as well. Any current student that violates a campus policy will be subject to being written up, fined, and/or being kicked off campus if the violation is serious enough.

But to balance out the some of the strict new policies, here’s a list of some of the awesome events various campus groups and organizations have planned to make this weekend one for the books.

Thursday:

The university-sanctioned events are kicked off Thursday night with Residence Life’s annual Ambrose Idol singing competition at 9 pm in the Rogalski Food Court. Over 300 students attended the event last year and there are hopes to once more pack Rogo!

Members of the SAU Marketing Club put together a promotional video to attract more attention to the event. You can watch it here!

Friday:Kids Against Hunger and SAU BeeWell are teaming up to sponsor a food packaging event. This will be at 4 pm in Lee Lohman.

Saturday:

9 am: Dash 4 Drex. The annual Dash 4 Drex will start outside the Rogalski Center at 9 am and is being sponsored by Campus Recreation. The registration fee is $20 for SAU students. Shirt availability is limited so make sure you sign up ahead of time!

Noon- 2 pm: SOMDay events will take place in Lee Lohman. This activity will be sponsored by CAB and SGA.

4:30: Cook-Out! The Last Blast cook-out will begin at 4:30 on the Rogo Patio. The cook-out is sponsored by Sodexo. CAB is also sponsoring a DJ and a bag tournament on the Rogo Patio as well starting at the same time.

8:30 – 10:30 pm: Chris Cakes Pancakes. Sponsored by Student Affairs, students can come get pancakes in the Rogo Food Court!

10:30 – Midnight: And last, but not least, bingo! Last Blast Bingo will be held up in the Rogo Ballroom and will feature a wide variety of prizes. This event is sponsored by CAB and Student Activities.

Have a great (and safe) weekend, everyone! #LastBlast2014

Her Campus at SAU