This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Name: Katelyn “kit kat” Powell

Hometown: Pekin, IL

Class: Junior

Major: Marketing and Management

Relationship Status: Single

Campus & Community Involvement: Co-VP of Public Relations & Marketing of SAA (Shout-out to my co vp, Alyssa Willey), Love Your Melon Member, proud intramural basketball champ

Favorite color: Pink (except I’ll never wear it, it’s not in my color palette)

Favorite song: I have a wide range of music I listen to, so picking a favorite is hard but I will say I get overly excited when Whiskey Girl by Toby Keith comes on the jukebox

Favorite Movie: Anything with Melissa McCarthy

Favorite Book: Yes, Please by Amy Poehler or Great Gatsby

Favorite Food/Meal: Party potatoes

Favorite midnight snack: the largest bag of spicy popcorn money can buy accompanied by an ice cold Dr. Pepper

Guilty Pleasure: standing on living room furniture and singing off tune to every song with my roomies

Role model: My sweet, little mom. She’s has the biggest heart of anyone I know and everyone loves her. She’s also a dang good cook

(Kitty and her momma)

If you could go back to any point in your life, what would it be and why?: No thank you, the past is the past, no reason to look back. Here’s to the future! (inspiring)

Dream Vacation: Ireland would be a heck of a place to visit!

If you could be any famous person, who would it be and why?: Easy, Beyonce. Why? Because she SLAYS #QueenBey

Why did you choose Ambrose?: The moment I came to visit I knew this was the place I wanted to be. It just felt like home, ya know?

What is your advice to SAU freshmen? Puke and rally. But on a more serious note, enjoy these four years, they go pretty dang quick!

Im Alyssa. I dance and sing for fun (not always well).Im way too sassy for my own good and cant wait to start my career. 
Her Campus at SAU