Originally from the southside of Chicago, this week’s Campus Celebrity is Jessica Ward. With a major in public relations and a minor in radio/TV communication, she has high career aspirations. This senior hopes to work downtown Chicago at WXRT radio station or maybe even WGN news. As for her dream career, Jessica would love to work for E! News and follow her passion for fashion.
Jessica had a busy summer in 2011 interning at WXRT radio station right on Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago. Attending concerts and events, she used her communication skills to promote WXRT. “Working at XRT was a blast because I was able to go to all the concerts for free and was able to do what I do best, and that’s communicating with people.”
She was involved with SAU’s very own KALA radio station. Jessica worked on the morning show as a weather girl and enjoyed getting experience before she has to “venture out into the real world. “
Besides working for her major, Jessica has a passion for dance that started at a very young age. She danced for 9 years including ballet, jazz, tap, hip-hop, and Irish dance. This collegiette loves to dance and claims she will dance to anything that makes noise, like ice cream trucks and even car alarms! Her favorite type of dance goes along with her Irish heritage.
“Irish dance was my favorite because it was an event to get my family members together and watch me dance. I also traveled for Irish dancing and have a wall of medals to prove it.”
She gives advice to underclassmen to enjoy the first three years of college, because senior year is “KILLER!” Jessica will miss living with her best friend and taking the boom boom bus on weekends “They should really invest in one downtown Chicago,” Jessica said.
Enjoy some fun and interesting facts about Jessica:
• I’m obsessed with my puppies
• I won homecoming queen my senior year of high school
• I went to prom in New York with a kid I met from the Bahamas, we’re still friends.
• I’m the ultimate prankster! People stay far away from me on April Fools.
• I used to take acting classes when I was younger.
• My celebrity obsessions are Grant Gavin and Ian Eastwood.
• I love going/watching baseball games (Yankees or sox).
• My favorite TV shows were The OC and That 70’s Show.
• I love cheese!