Jessica Frye ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Meet Jessica Frye: The bubbliest bee on campus.

Before she graduates in May, Jessica will have completed two majors (Marketing and Management) and three minors (Accounting, Communicational Studies, and Organizational Leadership)! She is poised to take on the world, ladies and gents.

When she’s not collecting minors, Jessica has been a member of the Dance Team, a Dance Marathon participant, and a student representative on the University Athletic Committee. She is also the Vice President of the SAU Marketing Club and has been a member since its creation in 2012.

You’re probably thinking, “Whoa, this girl is on top of her game”. Just when you think a person couldn’t possibly do some much, Jessica also mentions that she has been dancing for the past 19 years and is also a dance instructor at the Davenport Junior Theater School of Dance.

“I love my little kids dearly,” she said, beaming. “They’re good classes. I love dance, and I love teaching kids. It’s my favorite thing to do.”

Originally from Marseilles, Ill., and a graduate of Ottawa High School, Jessica grew up with two brothers on her family’s farm. When asked about her favorite Fall tradition, she was torn between Thanksgiving and the harvest season.

“Growing up as a farm kid, there’s nothing like the feeling of harvest,” she said. “The smell of harvest is the best. I love everything about it.”

Thanksgiving is her favorite holiday because of the way her family is able to come together. Jessica says her family loves going Black Friday shopping – not for the deals but for the time spent together bonding.

“We go with my aunts and cousins and have the best time just being together.”

So what’s next for this busy bee come May? Her dream is to either dance on Broadway or to do their marketing. She also dreams of someday opening her own dance studio.

Here’s three more fun facts about Jessica: she is a complete Harry Potter nut (her words, not mine), her favorite thing at Whitey’s is a strawberry shake with Kit Kats, and she once flooded a hotel! 

Her Campus at SAU