Jacob Canright, ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Full name: Jacob Tyler Canright

Relationship status: Single

Age: 21

Year in school: Junior

Hometown: Davenport, Iowa

Do you currently have a job? If so, where? 
I work in the admissions office on campus.

Major and career goals: Going to graduate school next year at Ambrose for physical therapy- my dream jobs would be to work as a physical therapist with a professional, for a collegiate sports team, or to one day open my own gym and train athletes.

Favorite book:  The Hunger Games

Favorite holiday:  Fourth of July

Dream vacation destination: Hawaii

Favorite food:  Sweet potatoes

Perfect first date:  My ideal first day would be to go out to eat wherever the girl would like to go.  Then afterwards we would go see a movie.  Finally, we would go for a walk and just talk about anything and everything.

What traits do you look for in a girl? 
I look for someone who is caring, sweet, and yet also confident.  She is honest and trusting and won’t play mind games.  She has to be family-oriented and able to make me laugh.  She enjoys going to social events but can also be okay with just being lazy at times too.  She is athletic and eats healthy.  She is motivated and has an idea of what she wants to do with her life and is willing to work hard to achieve it.  She also has some religious upbringing and is someone who gets along with my friends and family.

Blondes or brunettes? 
I have no preference to the color of her hair.

What is your guilty pleasure song? 
“Set Fire to the Rain” by Adele

What is the sexiest thing a girl can wear?
Anything form-fitting.

What is the first thing you notice in a girl? 
Probably her eyes and her smile– it usually shows how confident the girl is.

Do you like when the girl makes the first move?
I do like when girls make the first move.  I find it hard to read what a girl is looking for in the relationship, and when the girl makes the move I know how she feels about me then.

Mary is a senior at St. Ambrose University majoring in English and journalism. She is originally from Naperville, IL and hopes to one day be back in Chicago. In the past Mary has interned for Sourcebooks, a publishing company in Naperville, and this past year she studied abroad in London and interned at Parliament. She hopes to one day be an editor in publishing at a magazine or at a publishing group like Penguin. Besides being the founding editor of Her Campus St. Ambrose, Mary is also a writing tutor at St. Ambrose. In her free time, she loves to travel, hang out with family and friends, and shop a little bit too much at Gap and J. Crew!