This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

I’m so happy this election is over.

It has been a crazy year between the debates, the scandals, the emails, the name callings, and the wall.

I’m so happy this election is over.  

Our country has been split into two, divided by red and blue. Donkeys on one side, Elephants on the other. Family debates and friendships tested about who is the lesser of two evils. 

I’m so happy this election is over.

The debates have had my head spinning. Avoiding topics just to throw mud at their opponent. Although, they did make for some great Saturday Night Live skits.

I’m so happy this election is over.

Now, that the Cubs have won it all and the election is now over the internet must find something new to argue about. But, have no fear I’m sure it won’t take long.

I’m so happy this election is over.

The Obamas will be missed dearly; they have handled the last eight years with grace and dignity. Raised two intelligent and beautiful daughters. Tried to make us all healthy and given us a few mic drops every once and a while. But now it is time for them to pass the torch.

I’m sad to see them go…but I’m so happy this election is over.

Where will our country go in the next four years? Only time will tell and I’m sure a whole lot more complaining. 

I’m so happy this election is finally over. 

GIF: Peace Out

Hi, my name is MacKenzie, but all my friends call me Mac. I am a sophomore here at SAU where I play softball, President of BeeMedia, Events Editor for HerCampus SAU, a pro-Netflix watcher, and slowly trying to become Oliva Pope.  
Her Campus at SAU