This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Follow this checklist before Spring Break and you’ll come back feeling better than ever. TRUST ME. Happy Spring cleaning :) 

1. Throw away old makeup, clothes and trash. 

– Get rid of the makeup you have not touched. If the makeup product is still new but you don’t intend to use it, you can always gift to your best friend! 

– Sell your clothes to Plato’s Closet. You’ll get some cash to spend on the weekends and use it towards new clothes. 

– Toss out scraps and clean up the piling trash you have in the corner. Bugs are starting to appear while the weather is warming up. You don’t want to see random bugs crawling. 

2. Organize 

– Buy bins to separate your things, such as, clothes, school supplies, food, etc. 

– Keep your shoes on a shoe rack on placed neatly on the floor of your closet. Don’t be the person to leave them around the floor for people to trip over, this gives you space to walk and makes the area clean. 

– Stack your books on your desk accordingly to your schedule. You can buy book ends or a room decor to hold them up. 

3. No more junk food 

– Freshman 15 is real. 2018 is all about living a healthier lifestyle. You can purchase alternatives to those sweet or salty snacks you crave.  

– Purchase frozen fruits (sweet craving) or croutons (salty craving) to snack on, between homework/study time.

– Clean out any old food stored in your bin or mini fridge. 

– If you notice any break outs from stress or that time of the month, lay off from dairy! 

4. Make your bed 

– The most satisfying thing is to make your bed and relax afterwards. 

– Wash your sheets, comforter and blankets. If you think about it, you come back from parties, dinner or working out and then you impulsively jump on your bed. It’s time for fresh smelling sheets. 

– Fluff your throw pillows and fold your blankets aside. You’ll notice the room is more uplifting once you make your bed! 

Photos & GIFs: clean, organize, food, bed

Major: Marketing // Minor: PR  Fashion, food and Instagram.  Follow-up with my articles to learn more about me and Her Campus at SAU. #GoBees 
Her Campus at SAU