Hayley Kiyoko: Your next girl crush?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

You might remember Hayley Kiyoko from some classic childhood movies. Her most recent single, Sleepover, is on Spotify, along with her EPs, Citrine, This Side of Paradise, and A Belle to Remember. She’s a pretty talented human, and she just might be your new obsession.

1. Her songwriting is incredible.

Some of my favorite lyrics are from Pretty Girl: “I just wanna know if you will let me be your world.”

2. She can rock any hairstyle.

Seriously, it’s just unfair.

3. Her music videos are amazing. (Plus, she’s a great dancer!)

Each one of them could be a reason by itself. Find them here.

4. She loves her fans.

Hayley constantly interacts with her fans on Twitter, even giving away free tickets to her shows!

5. Her shows are amazing.

I saw her in Chicago last month, and she stressed over and over how much she loved that we were there. She even came out and danced after the encore while her band took down the stage.

6. She literally had to add more shows to her tour because it was so popular.

Helpful tip: You can find her tour dates here. If you can make it to one, give it a shot.

7. Rolling Stones knows who she is!

She’s in their up-and-coming artists article, found here.

8. She was in Lemonade Mouth (with the future pink Power Ranger!)

Hayley was first shown on camera wearing a “Question authority” T-shirt, then created a disturbance when she was asked to change. Goals.

9. She was in Scooby-Doo.

And honestly, who didn’t love Velma?

10. She likes girls.

Hayley Kiyoko is very open about LGBT+ rights and sharing her experiences with her fans through music. It’s really meaningful for LGBT+ consumers to see people like them in the music industry.

To listen to her music, try her Spotify here.

*Images found via GIPHY, Google Images, and Hayley Kiyoko’s Instagram

Her Campus at SAU