Halloween Movie Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

It’s finally the day of Halloween and you just had a long, eventful Halloween weekend. You want to celebrate the official holiday, but nothing too extravagant. So what’s better than a scary movie night if you’re staying in? Here are some steps on how to plan a fun, Halloween movie night with your friends!

Decorations

What’s a party without decorations? No matter the size of the party, it is nice to have decorations to involve the theme more. You don’t need to break the bank for these decorations, there are a lot of places that have quality holiday decorations. My favorite place to buy cheap decorations is the Target Dollar Section. Decorations can spice up any party!

Food

Food is also an important aspect for this kind of party. Since this is going to be a movie night, you need to think about what goes with movies? Popcorn! We are not just going to have boring microwave popcorn, however. A popcorn bar is what you should have to create a fun atmosphere. Many people like this type of food making, and addint their own spin to a classic snack. Add candy, seasoning and chocolate to complete the sweet treat.

Movies

Now to the important thing to a Halloween movie party; Movies! If you are looking for cartoons, classics, or just plain scary movies, Netflix is the way to go.  Some that might be a good fit for your party are: The Babadook — A scary movie of your worst nightmare as a kid. Hotel Transylvania 2 –– A nice heartfelt cartoon for those who want to be able to sleep at night. Scream — A good in between, not that scary but it will still freak you out.

Friends

Gather your friends and invite your neighbors, it will surely be fun to share the activities and help make the night even better! Remember to show us your fun Halloween by using the hashtag #HCSAU! Happy Halloween, bees!

Image Credit: Happy Halloween, Decorations, Popcorn, TV