Four Buzzin’ Fall Fashion Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Fall is upon us, bees. With that, fall fashion is here! Fall 2016 is a serious revival of the 90’s. Let us all embrace our inner Rachel Green and rock these trends across the SAU campus. Here are four fall fashion trends of 2016 you need to start wearing ASAP.

Velvet

I have never been the biggest fan of velvet myself, but after seeing some of the outfits you can wear with velvet, I might be hopping on the velvet train after all. Anything from dresses, tops, pants, and shoes – you can velvet anything nowadays. Even colorful velvet looks so rich and extremely elegant. When the nights begin to get colder, consider picking up a velvet item to rock this fall whether you’re staying in or going out.

Bomber Jackets

Bomber jackets are so incredibly effortless. Say you wake up 20 minutes before your biology class all the way in McCarthy Hall and you have no time to get ready. Solution: throw on a bomber jacket over a simple tank and leggings to look put together, but waste no extra time. Bomber jackets also come in a variety of colors and patterns, which make it a versatile piece in your wardrobe. Big plus, these jackets are super warm and perfect for when the weather gets a bit chillier in Iowa!

Military Jackets

It’s not a 90’s comeback if there aren’t any military-style jackets. Of all the trends this season, military-style jackets will always be my favorite. Early this summer, I purchased four jackets all in different colors.  The fact that these jackets can be found anywhere for very low prices make it a big win for us all! Head to North Park Mall and see for yourself!

Plaid

Plain is no breakthrough trend for the fall, but this season is spicing it up. Fashionistas are rocking plaid patterns on vests, scarves, and pants, too! Plaid will always be the go-to fall outfit that is easy, but it’s time to be daring. Even if you can’t commit to a trendy piece, consider plaid your new best friend this season. It looks good when you’re getting ready for class and with little effort, you can be ready to go out that night, too! Dollar bottles Wednesday night? This is your day-to-night outfit, babe.

All Photos Courtesy of Pinterest

Hi, my name is MacKenzie, but all my friends call me Mac. I am a sophomore here at SAU where I play softball, President of BeeMedia, Events Editor for HerCampus SAU, a pro-Netflix watcher, and slowly trying to become Oliva Pope.  
Her Campus at SAU