Five Reasons Why You Should Take Advantage of SAU’s Career Center

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

College is a time to meet your life long friends, it is a time to sleep in on Monday’s and go out on Wednesday’s, but it is also a time to figure out what you want to do for the rest of your life *cue stress hives.* However, do not fear SAU’s career center is here! Check out the five reasons why you should take advantage of the career center. 

1. Writing your resume can be such a pain especially if all your work experience is babysitting or scooping ice cream. Be on the look out for emails from the career center about resume drive thrus. They will catch errors that you never would have realized.

2. Struggling to get the perfect angle to take a professional selfie for your LinkedIn page? The career center can help you out with that too! Get in your best business suit and take advantage of the professional photo shoot. (See what I did there ;)

3. Interviews can be nerve-wracking, intimidating and, let’s be honest, terrifying! What are they going to ask? How am I going to answer? Thank goodness Ambrose hosts speed interviews with local employers and alumni to help its students get over their fear of interviews and receive constructive feedback.

4. SAU’s career center also hosts pro fairs for SAU students and alumni to meet local as well as national employers. It helps students get internships as well as full time positions in their desired field.

5. Do you channel your inner Chandler Bing when the boss is around? Don’t worry SAU has a cure for that too. Take advantage of the workplace etiquette and networking dinner to learn the best way to present yourself in the workplace setting.

Attending each of these events gets SAU students one-step closer to realizing their dreams. Don’t waste one more day, check out the SAU Career Center page today to see when and where these events are taking place. Your future self will thank you ;) 

*All Images provided by giphy*