Five Couples Found on Every College Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

I’m nearing the end of my sophomore year of college, and I can’t help but notice one thing. Everyone (myself included) is getting into a relationship. It’s as if the “I’m staying single for the rest of my life” mindset from freshman year has taken a complete 180 into a “Holy crap, relationships are actually kind of cool” sophomore mindset. Because of this, it’s basically impossible to walk around campus and not see couples everywhere you look. It doesn’t matter which college campus you’re at, you’re still going to run into these same 5 relationship types.

The Stage 5 Clingers: It doesn’t matter if this couple has been official for two days or two years, they’re constantly together, no matter what circumstance. The honeymoon stage is still far from over and PDA is always necessary. When you invite one, you don’t bother inviting the other, because you already know that he or she will be there. This relationship might be annoying to you, but hey, they’re happy. Just let them keep doing their thing. They’ll get tired of each other eventually, right?

The On-Again, Off-Again Pair: In this relationship, there are more breaks than there is actual relationship. This couple takes emotional rollercoaster to the next level, and nobody’s really sure if they’re actually together or not. Heck, the two in the relationship don’t even know if they’re still together. They’re basically the Ross and Rachel of the college world.

The Match Made in Heaven: They’ve been together since the beginning off freshman year, and a breakup is simply unimaginable. They share the same friends, food and secrets. If there ever was an end to this relationship, it wouldn’t just break up the couple, but their entire friend group would be forced to take sides as well. This couple may hear wedding bells in the near future, but their friends just hear the words open bar.

The Friends Who Became More: These two have been there for each other since the start of school. They were each other’s go-to for drunken heart-to-hearts, homework help and even relationship advice. Everyone knew that they’d be together in the end; it was just a matter of time. Third wheeling with this pair is never awkward, because they act more like friends than lovers, and it’s awesome.

The Single and Proud: Not everyone needs to be tied down, right? Just because everyone else is getting in a relationship, doesn’t mean this person needs to. There’s plenty of time to find “the one,” so why rush it? This person is in a relationship with him/herself and wouldn’t want it any other way. While everyone else is worried about what to get their significant other for his/her birthday, the single and proud type doesn’t have a care in the world. Being single must not be too bad.

Whether you’re with the love of your life or as single as the last dollar in your pocket, just remember, college only lasts four years, so do whatever makes you happy.

Photos Courtesy of: gify.com

I'm Amanda, a junior PR major at St. Ambrose. I enjoy long walks on the beach and queso.
Her Campus at SAU