Family Weekend 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Every year St. Ambrose University allows students to show off their campus to their families during a fun-filled weekend. This year, Family Weekend falls on Oct. 24-26, and all are invited to attend.

The weekend will start off on Friday night with a home women’s volleyball game at 7 p.m. as the Queen Bees take on Huntington University in the Lee Lohman Arena. CAB is also sponosoring a comedic juggler in the Rogalski Center Ballroom at 8:30 p.m. Ivan Pecel is a former contestant on ‘America’s Got Talent’ and adds a bit of comic relief to his shows using the slogan ‘Making Juggling Tolerable.’

Saturday’s schedule is full of activities for the entire family. The Cosgrove cafeteria is hosting a tailgate brunch from 10:30-1:00 in preparation for the 1 p.m football game. The Fighting Bees will play Grandview at Brady Street Stadium. Following the game, families can head back to campus for the annual Family Weekend Carnival. This is free to everyone and includes a create-a-critter and more fun games. Her Campus SAU will be hosting a photo booth during the carnival! Families can chose from a variety of props and pose for a picture while HC staff members take their picture either on a family member’s camera or our own and it will be emailed to the student. Saturday evening will also see a number of families at the Quad City Mallards hockey game at 7 p.m. at the iWireless Center. Students were able to pick up a limited number of free tickets for their families on Tuesday. For those who don’t want to leave campus, Break in Reality will perform at the Galvin Fine Arts Center at 7:30 p.m.

Sunday will wrap up Family Weekend 2014 with mass at Christ the King Chapel at 9 a.m. and 10:30. The annual Halloween in the Halls will start at 1 p.m as faculty and staff will bring their children around campus to go trick-or-treating and play games in the dorm halls.

This year is sure to be a hit for all families with the jam packed schedule that CAB and Student Activities has put togehter. So, grab your relatives and make it a family affair this weekend at SAU!